AUSTRALIA VS. INDIA: INDIA’S TOUR OF AUSTRALIA 2020, 1st T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
It’s a battle of the world no. 2 vs no. 3 as Australia take on India in the first of the three T20I at the Manuka Oval on Friday evening.
Australia will be slightly disappointed with the result of the last ODI as they missed an opportunity to whitewash India. A groin injury to D Warner affected the balance of the side. However, skipper A Finch would like to build on the positives and will be looking for a confident start to the T20 series.
A Finch and D Short will open the batting for the side and S Smith, M Labuschagne, and G Maxwell will follow. Maxwell in particular looked in murderous form during the ODI series. A Carey and M Stoinis, if the latter plays, add firepower to the batting. A Zampa has troubled the visitors so far on the tour and will aim at doing that in this game too. With A Tye, A Agar, and S Abbott, they have a good variety in their bowling.
India did well to avoid a 0-3 whitewash by registering a thrilling win in the last ODI. They are coming here after having played T20 cricket in the last two months and they will be ready for the format. Though there are still many unresolved issues in different departments, V Kohli would like to take inspiration from the win in the third ODI and start off the T20 series on a positive note.
S Dhawan and L Rahul will be the openers. Both are in great form in T20 cricket. V Kohli and S Iyer will be in the middle order followed by H Pandya and R Jadeja. Pandya and Jadeja had made runs in the ODI series and will be confident coming here. D Chahar will be the bowling partner of J Bumrah with T Natrajan being the third seamer. Y Chahal and W Sundar add to the bowling options for the side.
With both teams eyeing a win, a cracking game of T20 cricket awaits us at the Manuka Oval in Canberra.
- Match: Australia vs. India, 1st T20
- Venue: Manuka Oval, Canberra
- Date & Time: Dec. 4, 2020, at 1.40 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
A Finch (C), D Short, S Smith, M Wade (WK), G Maxwell, M Henriques, A Agar, S Abbott, A Tye, A Zampa, J Hazlewood
S Dhawan, L Rahul (WK), V Kohli (C), S Iyer, H Pandya, R Jadeja, W Sundar, T Natarajan, Y Chahal, D Chahar, J Bumrah
Weather and Pitch Report
It will be clear skies over Canberra and great conditions to play T20 cricket. The temperature will be in the low 20s degrees at the start of the game a little cooler later in the evening.
Manuka Oval is good for batsmen who like playing their strokes square of the wicket. As seen in the third ODI, fast bowlers will get some assistance from the surface. With the ball stopping a little on the surface, spinners will also get some assistance in the middle overs.
Both teams will look to chase upon winning the toss. A score of around 170 should be a good target for the side batting first to feel safe on this track.
- A Finch is currently ranked no. 3 in the T20I format. He has been in great form in the ODI series scoring 249 runs at an average of 83. In the six T20I matches this year, he has scored 236 runs at an average of 39 with one half century.
- G Maxwell was in terrific form in the ODI series scoring at a strike rate of 194. Expect him to continue his form here. He scored 113* the last time he played a T20I against India.
- A Agar is pretty underrated as a bowler in the limited-overs format. He is currently ranked no. 3 in the rankings. In the six T20Is played this year, he has picked up 13 wickets with the best figures of 5 for 24 runs against South Africa, which included a hat-trick.
- L Rahul is currently the best player in the T20I format for India. He won the Orange Cap in the Indian T20 League this season, scoring 670 runs at an average of 55. In the last series against New Zealand earlier in the year, he scored 224 runs at a strike rate of 144, including two fifties.
- H Pandya has been quite impressive with the bat in the ODI Series, scoring 210 runs at an average of 105. He has been hitting cleanly and possesses a lot of firepower. Expect him to get a big score here.
- J Bumrah is India’s best bowler in the T20 format, picking up 59 wickets at an average of 20.25 and an economy of 6.66. He had a terrific Indian T20 League and looked at his best in the third ODI.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: L Rahul
- Batsmen: D Short, A Finch, S Dhawan
- All-rounders: H Pandya, G Maxwell, R Jadeja, A Agar
- Bowlers: J Bumrah, T Natarajan, A Zampa
- Captain: A Finch/L Rahul
- Vice Captain: G Maxwell/J Bumrah
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy dream team, and play fantasy premier league. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!