AUSTRALIA VS. INDIA: INDIA’S TOUR OF AUSTRALIA 2020, 4th TEST | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Australia take on India in the fourth and final Test of the series at the Gabba in Brisbane starting this Friday.
Australia failed to make use of the home advantage as India produced a gritting display to draw the third Test at Sydney. Catches dropped at crucial moments may have spoiled Australia’s chances of gaining a win and a series lead coming into this Test.
S Smith (131 and 81) and M Labuschagne (91 and 73) were the two mainstays of Australia’s batting in the last Test and will be key in the decider too. P Cummins and J Hazlewood took 9 wickets and bowled excellent lines in the last Test. W Pucovski will miss out because of a shoulder injury; M Harris is likely to open in his place. The rest of the team is expected to remain the same.
India produced a superlative batting performance in the fourth innings to deny Australia a win as the former played 131 overs to draw the match. India will be high on confidence coming into this fourth and final Test.
C Pujara, S Gill, R Sharma, and R Pant all scored half centuries and will be confident coming into this Test. R Jadeja, H Vihari, and J Bumrah will miss out due to injuries sustained in the Sydney Test. S Thakur is expected to make his first appearance in the series and be part of a raw pace attack alongside M Siraj and N Saini. M Aggarwal and W Sundar are likely to be in the playing XI too.
Given the fight these two teams have shown throughout the series, expect another close contest in this series decider at the Gabba.
- Match: Australia vs. India, 4th Test
- Venue: The Gabba, Brisbane
- Date & Time: Jan. 15, 2020, at 5.30 AM IST
Probable Playing XI
D Warner, M Harris, M Labuschagne, S Smith, M Wade, C Green, T Paine (C & WK), P Cummins, M Starc, N Lyon, J Hazlewood
S Gill, R Sharma, C Pujara, A Rahane (C), M Agarwal, R Pant (WK), W Sundar, R Ashwin, S Thakur, N Saini, M Siraj
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather is expected to be clear and sunny for the first day of the match. It is predicted to be cloudy with occasional showers and thunderstorms on the remaining four days. The temperature is expected to be 29 to 34 degrees for the duration of the match.
The Gabba is one of the fastest and most bouncy pitches in Australia, and is known to support fast bowlers. However, there are plenty of runs to be scored once the batsman gets through the initial difficult period. Spinners will play a supporting role given the nature of the pitch. The average first innings score in the last five Tests here has been 334 runs.
The Gabba is also called the Fortress as Australia have not lost a single match here since 1988. They have won the last seven Tests played here. Day 2 and Day 3 are expected to be the best days for batting. The captain winning the toss may choose to field first to take advantage of the good bowling conditions early on.
- S Smith returned to form superbly in the last Test, scoring a century and a half century in the two innings. He will look to play a big innings and guide his team to a series victory.
- M Labuschagne is the top run scorer of the series, with 293 runs including a couple of half centuries and some 40s. He has looked in good touch throughout the series and will be eager to score his first century of the series.
- P Cummins is the highest wicket taker of the series, picking up 15 wickets in the three matches. He has troubled the Indian batsmen with his line and will be a key bowler on a pitch known to help pace bowlers.
- S Gill has received high praises from everyone for his performance in the two Tests he has played. He has played solid knocks in all four innings and scored his maiden fifty in the Sydney Test. He looks well equipped to play on the bouncy pitch at the Gabba and will be crucial to India’s fortunes here.
- C Pujara is back to his usual best, wearing down the opponent bowlers and scoring runs. He scored two important half centuries in the last Test and will be key for India in this match.
- M Siraj will be the most experienced pace bowler for India in this Test. He made a good start to his Test career, taking 7 wickets in the two Tests he has played. He will look to lead the inexperienced pace attack in this game.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: R Pant
- Batsmen: S Smith, M Labuschagne, C Pujara, S Gill
- All-rounders: C Green, R Ashwin
- Bowlers: J Hazlewood, P Cummins, S Thakur, M Siraj
- Captain: M Labuschagne/P Cummins
- Vice Captain: C Pujara/M Siraj
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy dream team, and play fantasy premier league. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!