Two superstars of Indian cricket face each other as Bangalore meets Mumbai in an exciting clash at the Dubai International Stadium on Monday.
Both sides have played two games each and have a 1-1 win record. However, the results indicate Mumbai being the stronger of the two coming in this game.
Mumbai was beaten in the first match by Chennai but they came back stronger to beat Kolkata, whereas Bangalore was fortunate in winning the first match and the chase in the second match was over before it got started.
Rohit was back among runs with a well-made 80, which anchored the innings and he would like to do the same in this match too. De Kock was the highest run-getter for Mumbai last year and would like to quickly recover that form. The three-man pace attack was superb against Kolkata and would like to inflict more damage to the short-on-confidence Bangalore batting line-up.
For once, it was Bangalore’s bowling attack, led by Chahal’s magical spell, that paved the way for their first win of the season. But in the second match, Rahul led-Punjab smashed Bangalore all over the ground and were helped by a pretty ordinary fielding by the latter.
Kohli and co. were under the pump from the start of their chase and kept losing wickets in the power play. Batting in the top three, it’s important for Finch and Kohli to score the bulk of the runs.
In 27 head-to-head matches, Mumbai is ahead with 18 wins vs. just 9 wins for Bangalore. Also, Mumbai has the upper hand in the recent clashes, winning 4 of the last five and winning 8 of the last ten matches played between the two teams.
If the previous games in Dubai are any indicators, we are in for an absolute thriller come Monday.
- Match: Mumbai vs. Bangalore, Match 10
- Venue: Dubai International Stadium, Dubai
- Date & Time: Sept. 28, 2020, at 7.30 PM IST
Probable Playing 11
A Finch, Devdutt Padikkal, V Kohli (C), AB De Villiers, J Philippe (WK), S Dube, Washington Sundar, U Yadav, Dale Steyn, N Saini, and Y Chahal
Q de Kock (WK), Rohit S (C), S Yadav, S Tiwary, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, K Pandya, J Pattinson, Rahul Chahar, T Boult, and J Bumrah
An even contest awaits at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, with the average first innings score being 179 in the four matches held so far. The ball should come onto the bat fairly well initially with spin playing a significant role in the middle overs.
Once batsmen see off the new ball, the pitch will become easier to bat on. Both sides will look to chase on winning the toss, given how dew has played a part in the previous games. A total of around 170 should be at par at this venue although teams batting second are yet to chase down the target.
- In all the matches played at this venue, one batsman has gone big, and Kohli will be itching to make his mark early on in the tournament.
- De Kock looked good in both the matches and a return to run-scoring will be welcome.
- Suryakumar Y was solid in both the matches and is a must pick in the side.
- Bumrah was back to his best after looking rusty in the first match. Expect him to claim a good number of wickets.
- Chahal looked in great form in both the matches and will be a key bowler again for Bangalore.
- Shivam Dube has picked up four wickets in the two matches so far. Bowling at the depth, he can pick up a few in this match too.
Howzat Suggested Dream Team
- Wicket-keeper: De Kock
- Batsman: Suryakumar Y, R Sharma V Kohli, A Finch
- All-rounders: Kieron Pollard, Shivam Dube
- Bowlers: J Pattinson, J Bumrah, Y Chahal, R Chahar
- Captain: De Kock/V Kohli
- Vice Captain: J Bumrah/Y Chahal
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team by using your knowledge of cricket. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the playing 11.