BANGLADESH VS. WEST INDIES: WI’S TOUR OF BANG 2020, 2nd ODI | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Hosts Bangladesh take on the West Indies in the second ODI of a 3-match series at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium in Mirpur on Friday.
The script followed as expected in the 1st ODI as Bangladesh overwhelmed a young and inexperienced West Indies side by a comfortable margin of 6 wickets. The hosts dominated right from the start and did not give much of a chance to the visitors.
T Iqbal did well in the last game whereas L Das looked a bit rusty at the crease. S Al Hasan was excellent with the ball in the last game. M Rahim and Mahmudullah bring a lot of experience and firepower to this middle order. M Rahman and debutant H Mahmud picked up 5 wickets in the last match and made good use of the conditions. The duo will look to continue doing the same here.
The West Indies are the underdogs in the series and their batting performance in the last game will not have given them much hope for the rest of the series. A win here can do wonders for their confidence.
S Ambris and J Da Silva need to provide the side with a good start. K Mayers and R Powell played well in the last game but the side will need runs from captain J Mohammad. A Joseph was impressive in the last game but will need good support from the others. A Hosein troubled the hosts and was the pick of the West Indies bowlers in the last game.
The West Indies’ lack of experience in these conditions was on full display in the last game. Expect them to learn from that and put up a better performance in the second game at the Sher-e-Bangla Stadium.
- Match: Bangladesh vs. West Indies, 2nd ODI
- Venue: Sher-e-Bangla Stadium, Mirpur
- Date & Time: Jan. 22, 2021, at 11 AM IST
Probable Playing XI
T Iqbal (C), L Das, N Hossain Shanto, S Al Hasan, M Rahim (WK), Mahmudullah, S Sarkar, R Hossain, M Hasan Miraz, H Mahmud, M Rahman
J da Silva (WK), S Ambris, J Mohammed (C), A McCarthy, R Reifer, R Powell, K Mayers, N Bonner, C Holder, A Hosein, A Joseph
Weather and Pitch Report
Mirpur is expected to have clear and sunny weather on the day of the match. The temperature will be around 25 degrees during the game.
The Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium has a good batting surface. There will be plenty of scoring opportunities for the batsmen, given the fast outfield. Fast bowlers will need to use their variations to succeed but spinners will get plenty of assistance from the track. The average first innings score in the ODIs here has been 241 runs.
Given the dew factor, bowling second on this track will be difficult with a wet ball. Expect the captain winning the toss to opt to bowl first. A target of around 260 can be a competitive one.
- T Iqbal couldn’t have asked for a better start to international cricket for Bangladesh in 2021. Chasing a low total, he gave a good start to the Bangladesh innings in the last match. He missed out on scoring a half century in the last game and will look to play a big innings here.
- S Al Hasan returned to international cricket in grand style after his ban for one year. He produced an outstanding spell of 4/8 in 7.2 overs. He will look to continue doing the same in this game.
- M Rahman started brilliantly with the ball in the last game and set the tone for the rest of the bowling unit to follow. He was quick and was getting the ball to swing in the air. He picked up 2 for 20 in his six overs and will look to add to his wicket tally here.
- R Powell scored 28 runs in the last match, including two boundaries and two sixes. He was busy during his stay at the crease and looked to dominate the bowling attack. Expect him to come up the order and score big for the team.
- J Mohammed scored 17 runs and picked up a wicket in his eight-overs spell. He will look to give a good performance and lead by example for the youngsters on the team.
- A Joseph went wicketless in the last game but bowled tight lengths and did not let the Bangladesh batsmen score freely. Expect him to pick up wickets in this match.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: M Rahim
- Batsmen: T Iqbal, Mahmudullah, J Mohammed, R Powell
- All-rounders: S Hasan, K Mayers
- Bowlers: M Hasan Miraz, M Rahman, A Joseph, A Hosein
- Captain: T Iqbal/M Rahman
- Vice Captain: S Al Hasan/M Hasan Miraz
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!