BENGAL VS. JAIPUR: INDIAN KABADDI LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 75 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 7 AND FANTASY KABADDI TIPS
With the teams at the top of the table suddenly starting to lose games, both Bengal and Jaipur – struggling at the lower end of the table 10 days ago – have a great opportunity to push into the top 4, right on the heels of Delhi, Bengaluru and Patna. When they meet in Match 75 of the Indian Kabaddi League at the Sheraton Grand Whitefield in Bengaluru on 24th January, the winner will consolidate a place in the top 6, while the loser will be pushed back into the scramble for the last play-off spot.
Until they lost to UP, Bengal were on a 4-match unbeaten run that had revived their title defence after 5 defeats in 6 games. However, they are still a team with plenty of problems. Apart from the outstanding Maninder Singh, no one else has even 50 raid points. The defence averages less than 8 successful tackles a game.
Jaipur, despite having Sahul Kumar and Sandeep Dhull in their ranks, are also way down the tackling table. Arjun Deshwal and Deepak Hooda have been in fine raiding form, but there is no raiding depth, with no one else having scored even 10 points. Jaipur’s numbers are those of a mid-table side, and they will need to lift quite a bit to get into play-off contention.
Historically, Bengal have bossed this rivalry, but the last 3 games have been extremely close. With both having a star raider and flawed defences, this could be another tense affair.
- Game: Bengal vs. Jaipur, Match 75
- Venue: Sheraton Grand Whitefield, Bengaluru
- Date & Time: Jan. 24, 2022, at 7:30PM IST
Probable Playing 7
Maninder Singh (C), Amit Nirwal, Vijin Thangadurai, Sukesh Hegde, Mohammad Nabibakhsh, Abozar Mighani, Ran Singh
Arjun Deshwal, Amit, Vishal, Deepak Hooda, Brijendra Chaudhary, Sahul Kumar, Sandeep Dhull (C)
Jaipur may have been the first champions, but Bengal have dominated this rivalry down the years. However, their last three matches have all seen margins of 3 points or less.
|Matches||Bengal Won||Jaipur Won||Draws|
Previous Season Results
Sandeep Dhull’s 8 tackle points were the highlight as Jaipur held on for a narrow win in their first meeting of the 2019 season. The return was even closer, as Bengal overcame a 5-point half-time deficit to win by a point. Maninder Singh was the star with 19 points.
- Match 13: Jaipur 27 – 25 Bengal
- Match 103: Jaipur 40 – 41 Bengal
Arjun Deshwal led the scoring with 16 points, but the combined efforts of Maninder Singh (13 points) and Mohammad Nabibakhsh (10 points) proved enough as Bengal held on for a 3-point win.
- Match 30: Bengal 31 – 28 Jaipur
Top Fantasy Picks
- Sandeep Dhull is Jaipur’s captain and also an important part of their mid-season revival. He had 8 successful tackles across the 2 drawn matches against Tamil, and has 20 tackle points from his nine appearances so far.
- Mohammad Nabibakhsh has had 3 poor games in a row now. His numbers were awful against Telugu and UP and merely average against Bengaluru. However, he still has 60 points, including 44 while raiding, 15 successful tackles and a tackle strike-rate of 52.
- Maninder Singh managed 19 points from 21 raids in Bengal’s loss to UP. That took his tally to 165 raid points for the season, behind only Pawan Sehrawat. With several of his teammates below their best, Maninder’s raiding has become more important than ever for the defending champions as they try to stay in the play-off race. A raid strike-rate of 64 should tell you how good he’s been.
Howzat Dream Team
- Defenders: Sandeep Dhull, Abozar Mighani Shaul Kumar
- All-rounders: Mohammad Nabibakhsh, Deepak Hooda
- Raiders: Maninder Singh, Arjun Deshwal
- Captain: Maninder Singh/Arjun Deshwal
- Vice Captain: Deepak Hooda/Mohammad Nabibakhsh
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy kabaddi prediction and play all the upcoming matches of Indian Kabaddi League. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 7 is announced by each team as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Know fantasy kabaddi rules and play on your favorite fantasy gaming app and select your own team, Howzat!