The second semi-final of the Women’s T20 Bash 2020 has the second-placed Brisbane H taking on third-placed Sydney T at the North Sydney Oval on Thursday evening.
This has been a tournament of two halves for Brisbane H, who looked in all sorts of trouble at the halfway mark of the tournament with just one win in seven matches. After that, they had seven wins on the bounce and were safely into the knockout stage before the last match.
G Harris, G Redmayne, and captain J Jonassen have been the go-to players for Brisbane throughout the season. Also, there is a threat of A Kerr and current X-factor L Kimmince.
After a great start to the season Sydney T, losing just one match in seven games, stumbled to four defeats in five games. They pulled it together in the hectic final week with two wins in the last two games.
H Knight, R Haynes, and S Jo-Johnson have performed admirably for Sydney T. Also, the pair of H Darlington and S Bates has picked up 30 wickets in between them so far in the tournament.
In the first game earlier in the season, Brisbane H failed to chase a rain-reduced target of 45 runs in 5 overs. The second game was won pretty comprehensively by Brisbane as A Kerr’s 4 for 20 restricted Sydney T to a small total and chased down easily with G Redmayne scoring an unbeaten fifty. It was the win that started the seven-match run for Brisbane.
Will Brisbane H be able to continue their run, or is there going to be a comeback from the Sydney T. Either way, Both teams should give their best in this semi-final battle with a place in the final at stake at the North Sydney Oval.
- Match: Brisbane H vs. Sydney T, Semi-Final 2
- Venue: North Sydney Oval, Sydney
- Date & Time: Nov. 26, 2020 at 1.40 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
Brisbane H Women
G Harris, G Redmayne (WK), J Jonassen (C), G Voll, L Kimmince, A Kerr, C Knott, D Kimmince, G Prestwidge, C Sippel, N de Klerk
Sydney T Women
R Trenaman, T Beaumont, H Knight, R Haynes (C), P Litchfield, S Jo-Johnson, T Wilson (WK), S Ismail, H Darlington, S Bates, L Smith
Weather And Pitch Report
There are no chances of rain, although it will be a little cloudy on Thursday. The temperature will be around 19 degrees during the evening.
The past few games at the North Sydney Oval has shown that this is perhaps the best batting track among all the venues in the tournament. The ball comes on to the bat fairly well with the dimensions of the ground also batter friendly. The average first innings total in the ten completed games has been 150.
Pace variation will be key in the middle overs and a little margin for error. And with the wicket playing slightly better in the second innings, both teams will ideally want to chase upon winning the toss, with 160 being a competitive total at this venue.
- G Redmayne is the top run-scorer for Brisbane H with 322 runs from 13 matches including three fifties. She has scored at an average of 33 and a strike rate of 117.
- G Harris has amassed 240 runs in 13 matches for Brisbane, including two fifties. She also picked up 13 wickets at an average of 9, with her best figures being 4/16.
- A Kerr has picked up 16 wickets in 13 matches at an economy of 5.37. She has picked up at least one wicket in her last eight games, with her best figures being 4/20 against Sydney T.
- H Knight is the highest run-scorer for Sydney with 403 runs from 14 matches, including four fifties, at an average of 40 and a strike rate of 127. She has picked up 9 wickets as well, with her best figures being 3 for 4, against Brisbane.
- S Jo-Johnson is Sydney T’s top wicket-taker picking up 18 wickets from 14 matches. She has bowled at an average of 16, with the best figures of 4/26.
- H Darlington has taken 15 wickets from 12 matches so far. She has an economy of 6.45 and an average of 15. She had taken 3 three-wicket hauls in the tournament.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: G Redmayne
- Batters: R Trenaman, P Litchfield, G Voll
- All-rounders: H Knight, S Jo-Johnson, G Harris, A Kerr
- Bowlers: H Darlington, S Ismail, D Kimmince
- Captain: G Redmayne/H Knight
- Vice Captain: S Jo-Johnson/G Harris
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!