Delhi meets Hyderabad in match 11 of the Indian T20 league at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium on Tuesday.
Delhi is the early table-toppers with wins in both their matches while Hyderabad is at the bottom, having lost both their matches in the tournament so far.
Different players have performed in the two matches for Delhi, which will please Iyer and team management. If it was an M Stoinis show in the first match, it was a Prithvi show in the second match.
The bowling has also been excellent in both the matches at the Dubai International Stadium. Axar Patel, Rabada, and Nortje have bowled excellent lengths and picked up wickets. Now they have to adjust to the pace and dimensions at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium and be as effective.
Despite losing just four wickets in their innings, Hyderabad was at least 20 runs short of a fighting score against Kolkata. Apart from Pandey’s half-century, nobody scored big and fast. They will be looking to make amends for that performance.
Hyderabad’s batting unit revolves heavily around Warner, Bairstow, and M Pandey. They will need the likes of Priyam Garg and V Shankar to step up as well if they are to win against a strong Delhi unit.
Hyderabad has the edge in the head-to-head record, with nine wins in 15 games. However, Delhi has won the previous two games between the two sides.
All in all, we should be in for another entertaining game in Abu Dhabi, with Delhi looking to continue their winning streak and Hyderabad looking to kick-start a winning streak with a vital win on Tuesday.
- Match: Delhi vs. Hyderabad, Match 11
- Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- Date & Time: Sept. 29, 2020, at 7.30 PM IST
Probable Playing 11
S Dhawan, P Shaw, S Iyer (C), R Pant (WK), S Hetmyer, M Stoinis, A Patel, R Ashwin, K Rabada, A Nortje, A Khan
D Warner (C), J Bairstow, M Pandey, Priyam Garg, M Nabi, Abhishek Sharma, Rashid Khan, B Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, and T Natarajan
A decent batting track awaits the two sides on Tuesday at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium. In the previous games, the pitch was a little on the slower side although the batsmen were able to play their natural game.
A change of pace was a common theme during the three games at this venue, with the spinners also getting a little turn in the middle overs. The power play phase will be critical for both sides, with run-scoring being relatively easier against a new ball.
Both teams will look to chase on winning the toss, given the impact dew can have in the second innings. A score of 170-180 will be a decent total at this venue.
- Bairstow and Warner are key batsmen for Hyderabad and they will be looking to score big in this match.
- M Pandey scored a half-century in the last match and looked solid. Expect him to score runs in this match too.
- Rashid Khan is a T20 superstar and has been a strike bowler for Hyderabad. He will play a key role in this match.
- P Shaw will be important at the top since batting is relatively easy in the initial overs.
- Axar Patel has not picked up a lot of wickets but has bowled good lines and lengths and built-up pressure on batsmen.
- K Rabada and A Nortje picked up wickets against Chennai and will be important with the ball once again.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicket-keeper: J Bairstow, R Pant
- Batsmen: S Iyer, P Shaw, D Warner, M Pandey
- All-rounders: A Patel
- Bowlers: Rashid Khan, K Rabada, A Nortje, Khaleel Ahmed
- Captain: S Iyer/D Warner
- Vice Captain: K Rabada/ R Khan
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team by using your knowledge of cricket. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the playing 11.