Delhi face Rajasthan in match 30 of the Indian T20 league 2020 at the Dubai International Stadium on Wednesday.
Delhi sit second in the points table with five wins in seven games and are one of the teams to beat in this season, whereas Rajasthan, after a four-match losing streak, sit sixth in the points table with three wins out of seven.
This is the second encounter between the two teams in the last five days. In match 23 at Sharjah, Delhi beat Rajasthan by 46 runs with all-round performances by their bowlers.
With R Pant injured and out for a week, Delhi had to make two changes to its playing XI against Mumbai. A Rahane came in place of R Pant, and A Carey in place of S Hetmyer. S Dhawan hit his first fifty of the season but that was not enough for the team.
The team’s bowling line-up is well-balanced with the pacers and spinners complementing each other well. K Rabada has already picked up 17 wickets and is the Purple Cap holder, while A Patel and R Ashwin have controlled the middle overs and picked up important wickets.
Rajasthan had a new lease with a come-from-behind victory against Hyderabad. R Parag and R Tewatia’s unbeaten 6th-wicket partnership broke their losing streak and put them back in the playoff race.
B Stokes returned to the line-up and surprisingly opened the innings. Although he had less impact in the game, his mere presence gives a different look to the Rajasthan team. With help from J Archer and some more heroics from R Tewatia, the team can hope to string some more wins in the upcoming matches.
With two crucial points at stake, another cracking encounter awaits us at Dubai.
- Match: Delhi vs. Rajasthan, Match 30
- Venue: Dubai International Stadium, Dubai
- Date & Time: Oct. 14, 2020, at 7.30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
J Buttler (WK), S Smith (C), S Samson, R Uthappa, B Stokes, R Parag, R Tewatia, S Gopal, J Archer, J Unadkat, K Tyagi
S Dhawan, P Shaw, A Rahane, S Iyer (C), M Stoinis, A Carey (WK), A Patel, R Ashwin, K Rabada, A Nortje, H Patel
The pitches in the UAE are slowing down and batsmen are having to work hard for runs. The Dubai International Cricket Stadium is no exception to that. The pacers have enjoyed extra bounce and swing early on and the spinners have dominated in the middle overs. Also, batsmen have to rely on strike rotation more often than not, given the dimensions of the ground.
Wickets in hand will be crucial for both sides to go for an attack in the final phase of the innings.
With dew expected to have an impact on the second innings, both teams would ideally want to bat first on winning the toss. Around 170 runs should be a competitive score at this venue.
- B Stokes has been in excellent form throughout the English summer and can contribute with both bat and ball.
- S Smith has not made a significant contribution since his fifty in the second game for Rajasthan. With four single-digit scores in the last five innings, he would want to go big in this match.
- J Archer has 9 wickets in 7 matches, with an economy rate of 6.82. He can strike early in the power play overs.
- A Rahane has played only one match in this season and looked fluent. He would like to prove himself and make his mark in the coming matches.
- S Iyer is the highest run-scorer for Delhi this season, with 245 runs in 7 innings at a strike rate of 138. He would want to add to his one fifty of the season.
- With K Rabada being the obvious danger, A Nortje has quietly slipped under the radar. He has picked up 8 wickets at an economy rate of 7.21 in this tournament.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: J Buttler
- Batsmen: S Smith, S Iyer, A Rahane
- All-rounders: A Patel, M Stoinis, B Stokes, R Tewatia
- Bowlers: J Archer, K Rabada, A Nortje
- Captain: S Iyer/ B Stokes
- Vice Captain: A Nortje/ J Archer
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team on the fantasy app by using your knowledge and become a pro in fantasy cricket. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the playing 11.