Match: England vs. Pakistan, 3rd Test
Venue: The Rose Bowl, Southampton
Date and time: August 21, 2020, at 3.30 PM IST
Preview: The weather played spoilsport in the second Test match between England and Pakistan. After selecting to bat first in overcast conditions, Pakistan made 126-5 before the match was stopped due to rain. This was just the start of the interruptions in this game. Over the next 4 days, barely any action took place, with two days being completely washed out due to rain or bad light. Despite the stoppages, Pakistan managed a total of 236 on a tricky wicket and England couldn’t complete even their first innings as they declared the innings at 110/4, with just 15 overs to go, to conclude the Test on the last day. Thus, the match ended in a draw.
Pitch and Weather Conditions: While the forecast is much better this time, conditions at the start and end of this Test could still cause disruptions. The Rose Bowl wicket was a bit jumpy last time despite the fact it usually favors batting. The surface is expected to be quick and bouncy, and offer a lot of assistance to fast bowlers. Overcast weather conditions will help the ball swing as well. The batsmen are going to be challenged and the conditions are not really going to change much as the match progresses.
Probable Playing 11 and Key Players
Probable Playing 11 for England: R Burns, D Sibley, Z Crawley, J Root ©, O Pope, J Buttler (wk), C Woakes, D Bess, S Curran, J Anderson, S Broad
Probable Playing 11 for Pakistan: S Masood, A Ali, Azhar A ©, B Azam, A Shafiq, S Khan, M Rizwan (wk), Y Shah, SS Afridi, N Shah, M Abbas
- J Anderson: He had a point to prove last time and he did prove it, by taking 3 for 60 to move to 593 Test wickets in his career.
- S Broad: Broad continued his stunning form taking 4 for 56 in his last outing against Pakistan and claiming 10 wickets overall in the series so far.
- C Woakes: He was key to England’s victory in the 1st Test and is likely to play a big role once again to ensure England wins the series.
- B Azam: He scored a solid 47 runs to continue his excellent batting form. The vice captain of the Pakistan cricket team will remain integral to the line-up.
- M Abbas: He took two wickets in the limited overs he got to bowl in the 2nd Test and was especially good with the new ball.
- Y Shah: The leg-spinner took 8 wickets in the 1st Test – 4 in each innings – and claimed another in the limited overs he bowled in the 2nd Test.
Howzat Dream Team
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team by using your knowledge of cricket. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (15 to 30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the playing 11.
So Download fantasy sports app, Select your own team and play fantasy cricket!