Indian T20 League 2021: All TEAMs’ Player Replacements
The second leg of the Indian T20 League 2021 is all set to kick off in less than a week. The opening match will see a battle between the two most decorated franchises, Chennai and Mumbai, on 19th September. Despite all hurdles being cleared gradually, a host of players have opted out of the second leg due to a variety of reasons, forcing the teams to rope in replacements.
In the latest turn of events, 3 English players have pulled out of the Indian T20 League 2021 UAE leg after the fifth Test between India and England got canceled in Manchester. Hyderabad’s Jonny Bairstow, Punjab’s Dawid Malan, and Delhi’s Chris Woakes will not take part in the second leg.
Bairstow was one of the integral members of the Hyderabad Team but now has been replaced by explosive West Indies batter Sherfane Rutherford. Dawid Malan, who was set to play for Punjab in the UAE leg, has been replaced by South Africa’s Aiden Markram. Chris Woakes has been replaced by Australia's Ben Dwarshuis.
Indian T20 League 2021: Replacement Players List
Bangalore New Signings
- Sri Lanka’s star spinner Wanindu Hasaranga has come in to replace Adam Zampa, who has opted out of the 2021 edition.
- Australia’s Daniel Sams has also pulled out and has been replaced by Sri Lanka’s Dushmantha Chameera.
- Singapore’s batter Tim David replaces New Zealand’s Finn Allen, who has been internationally committed to playing the series against Bangladesh and Pakistan.
- England’s bowling all-rounder George Garton has been roped in as a replacement for Kane Richardson.
Punjab New Signings
- Australia fast bowler Nathan Ellis has signed for Punjab as a replacement for Riley Meredith.
- Adil Rashid has been signed for the remaining matches of the second phase as the replacement for Jhye Richardson.
- Aiden Markram has replaced Dawid Malan for the UAE leg of the Indian T20 League 2021.
Rajasthan New Signings
- New Zealand wicket-keeper batter Glenn Phillips has been named as Jofra Archer’s replacement at Rajasthan.
- Tabraiz Shamsi, the world’s No.1 T20I bowler, will join Rajasthan for the remainder of the 2021 edition as the replacement for Andrew Tye.
- Evin Lewis replaces Jos Buttler in the squad for the remainder of the league matches in 2021.
- West Indies pacer Oshane Thomas replaces Ben Stokes for the second phase of the 2021 edition.
Kolkata New Signing
- Tim Southee has been roped in as a replacement for Pat Cummins for the remaining games of the 2021 edition.
Hyderabad New Signing
- West Indies' Sherfane Rutherford has been roped in as a replacement for England’s Jonny Bairstow for the second phase of the 2021 edition.
Delhi New Signing
- England's Chris Woakes has been replaced by Australia's pacer Ben Dwarshuis for the remainder of the league in 2021.
Howzat will be hosting all the matches from the Indian T20 League. You can get access to match predictions and the latest news on the Howzat blog. Download the app now, make your fantasy league team & start winning every day!