GUJARAT VS. JAIPUR: INDIAN KABADDI LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 100 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 7 AND FANTASY KABADDI TIPS
With 3 wins from their last 4 matches, Gujarat have lifted themselves up from 11th place to 9th in the points table. Jaipur continue to be maddeningly inconsistent, with 2 wins and 2 losses in their last 4 games, and both teams are part of a 7-strong group trying to sneak into the final play-off spots. They meet in Match 100 of the Indian Kabaddi League at the Sheraton Grand Whitefield in Bengaluru on 7th February, knowing that a defeat here will be a big blow to making the play-offs.
Gujarat were dismal in their 23-43 defeat to Patna, but rebounded strongly to beat Pawan Sehrawat’s Bengaluru. Their defending has been up and down, and they have only one raider in the top 25. They’re the only team struggling near the bottom of the table when it comes to both average raid points and successful tackles a game.
Jaipur’s tackling numbers are better, but their raiding is almost as mediocre once you get past Arjun Deshwal and Deepak Hooda. After those two, the next highest-scoring raider has 11 points. You won’t win titles with that. More than anything though, Jaipur need to string a good sequence of results together, instead of being awesome one day and ordinary the next.
Despite having been dominated by Gujarat in this rivalry, it was Jaipur that enjoyed the better results in 2019. But Gujarat’s win on the opening weekend of this season was yet another reminder that their blanket defence can thwart even the most skilled raiders.
- Game: Gujarat vs. Jaipur, Match 100
- Venue: Sheraton Grand Whitefield, Bengaluru
- Date & Time: Feb. 7, 2022, at 7:30PM IST
Probable Playing 7
Ajay Kumar, Sunil Kumar (C), Parvesh Bhainswal, Rakesh Narwal, Pardeep Kumar, Ankit, Girish Maruti
Arjun Deshwal, Deepak Singh, Vishal, Deepak Hooda, Sachin Narwal, Sahul Kumar, Sandeep Dhull (C)
Since they entered the league in 2017, Gujarat have managed a winning record against most teams. Jaipur is one such side they’ve consistently dominated.
|Matches||Gujarat Won||Jaipur Won||Draws|
Previous Season Results
Deepak Hooda’s 7 points gave Jaipur a rare win over Gujarat in their first meeting of the 2019 season. Vishal’s 9 points led the way for Jaipur in the return, but a strong all-round display from Gujarat earned them a draw.
- Match 44: Gujarat 19 – 22 Jaipur
- Match 100: Jaipur 28 – 28 Gujarat
Arjun Deshwal top scored with 10 points, but Jaipur could make no other inroads against a superb Gujarat defence that racked up 13 tackle points. Girish Maruti had 7 of them.
- Match 4: Gujarat 34 – 27 Jaipur
Top Fantasy Picks
- Sandeep Dhull has been one of the defensive stars of the tournament, despite Jaipur’s up-and-down campaign, with 3 high-fives and 35 successful tackles from 13 games. He had 5 each against Patna and Haryana, two teams who have earned much praise for their defence this season.
- Pardeep Kumar has injected some life into Gujarat’s raids since coming into the starting 7. So far, he has 52 raid points from 10 matches. The undoubted highlight was his 14-point display as Gujarat beat Bengaluru to keep their play-off hopes alive. He also scored 9 points in a hard-fought win over Haryana.
- Arjun Deshwal sits behind only Pawan Sehrawat and Maninder Singh in the raid-points table, with 181 points from 16 matches. There have been 11 Super 10s, with the highlight being a stunning 17-point performance in a 51-30 thrashing of high-flying Patna. Having been held to 6 points in both his last two games, he needs to rediscover that form if Jaipur are to make the play-offs.
Howzat Dream Team
- Defenders: Sandeep Dhull, Parvesh Bhainswal, Girish Maruti
- All-rounder: Pardeep Kumar, Deepak Hooda
- Raiders: Arjun Deshwal, Ajay Kumar
- Captain: Arjun Deshwal/Pardeep Kumar
- Vice Captain: Ajay Kumar/Deepak Hooda
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy kabaddi prediction and play all the upcoming matches of the Indian Kabaddi League on the Howzat fantasy kabaddi app. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 7 is announced by each team as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Know fantasy kabaddi rules and play every day on your favorite fantasy gaming app, Howzat!