The most awaited sports league of the year, the Indian T20 League, is kicking off on 29th March 2020 and will continue till 24th May 2020. With the Indian T20 League season comes the amazing time to play fantasy cricket and join fantasy cricket matches. The upcoming cricket league has already caused a frenzy in the media and sports world. Everyone is talking about it and it has already become one of the most searched keywords on Google.
A player auction for the Indian T20 League 2020 took place in Kolkata in December 2019 and the list of players signed has been announced. So let’s take a closer look at the event.
A Brief History of the Indian T20 League
The Indian T20 League, Indian T20 League, is a professional Twenty20 cricket league played annually in India from March to April or May, where eight teams represent eight different cities of India. The Indian T20 League was founded by the Indian Cricket Board in India in 2008. The last edition was played in 2019 and was won by the Indian T20 League’s most successful team- Team Mumbai, owned by Nita Ambani and captained by R Sharma. MI has won the Indian T20 League trophy four times, in 2013, 2015, 2017 and 2019. The overall top run-scorer of the tournament is India’s one of the most loved cricket players V Kohli, with 5412 runs, and the most wickets are taken by Sri Lanka’s L Malinga (170 wickets).
Updates on Indian T20 League 2020
- The Indian Cricket Board has officially announced the Indian T20 League 2020 schedule. The league will begin on March 29 and the final will be played on May 24, in Mumbai. Team Mumbai will face Team Chennai in the opening match.
- The Indian Cricket Board has invited proposals for the rights and obligation to stage Indian T20 League Fan Parks. Interested parties can submit proposals by March 2, 2020.
- RCB, led by V Kohli, has launched their new logo, and are hopeful of winning their first Indian T20 League title. Kohli tweeted, “LOGO ka kaam hai kehna. 😂 Thrilled to see our new @rcbtweets logo…”
Indian T20 League 2020 Auction
- The Indian T20 League 2020 auction was held in Kolkata on 19th December 2019. The current edition of the Indian T20 League auction saw eight teams splurging money and contesting fierce bidding wars to build the best teams. A total of 62 players, 29 overseas and 33 Indian players, were sold to these teams
- Australian pace bowler P Cummins became the most expensive overseas player as Team Kolkata paid a hefty fee of Rs 15.50 crores to get him on board
- Cummins’ Australian teammate G Maxwell became the second-most expensive player, bought by Team Punjab for Rs 10.75 crore
- The Indian T20 League auction also witnessed a lot of bidders for Caribbean players as the West Indian duo of S Cottrell and S Hetmyer cost Rs 8.5 crore and Rs 7.75 crore respectively
- This year’s auction saw a whopping Rs. 140 crore being spent on players. It’ll be interesting to see which team’s owners made a wise choice and who will regret the money they spent
Indian T20 League 2019 Buzz
- The Indian T20 League has the buzziest feed on social media and other platforms. The Indian T20 League 2019 had the loudest buzz feed in comparison to all its previous editions. In only two weeks, it got 345 million television viewers and 267 million viewers on digital platforms and created a sensational wave in the country. The Indian T20 League trends highest on social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube
- V Kohli was the most mentioned player, followed by Dhoni for the first two weeks
- MS Dhoni-led Team Chennai (CSK) emerged as the buzziest team in Indian T20 League 2019, followed by V Kohli-led Team Bangalore (RCB). Although, by the end of two weeks, poor performances by RCB grew out to be more trending
- The buzz increased every time CSK or RCB played
- However, Team Mumbai had the highest number of followers on Instagram with around 3.5 million users, followed up by Team Chennai, with 3.4 million followers, on the same platform
- Indian T20 League 2019 created 9.5 million impressions on social media in the first two weeks, creating more buzz as compared to the entire Indian T20 League 2017 edition with 6.19 million impressions on social media. About 20 million social media buzz impressions were created by the Indian T20 League 2019 season
- Female audience contributed to more than 40 percent viewership of the Indian T20 League, with social media conversations at 20 percent.
Indian T20 League Revenue
- The Indian T20 League’s brand value rose by 7 per cent in 2019, with revenue growth to USD 6.8 billion. The value of the franchisees of Mumbai and Chennai rose the fastest. However, the Shahrukh Khan’s co-owned Kolkata franchise, Team Kolkata (KKR), along with Vijay Mallya’s Bengaluru franchise, Team Bangalore (RCB), faced a decline in their valuations by 8 per cent.
- The Mukesh Ambani owned Mumbai franchise, Team Mumbai (MI), winner of four editions, had an 8.5 per cent hike in their valuations to Rs. 809 crore, making it the most valued team. Chennai franchise, Team Chennai, owned by N. Srinivasan had a value increase of 13.1 per cent to Rs. 732 crore.
- Team Delhi (DC), co-owned by the Jindals, had a shot in its value of 8.9 per cent to Rs 374 crore.
- Team Rajasthan (RR), co-owned by the Murdoch family, had a decline in its valuations to Rs 271 crore from Rs 284 crore.
The Indian T20 League gives fantasy sports lovers a wonderful opportunity to play cash fantasy cricket games and win cash. India’s most trusted fantasy cricket app Howzat is going to hold a fantasy cricket league during the Indian T20 League to allow cricket lovers to play fantasy cricket win cash while having an awesome experience of the Indian T20 League. So don’t wait anymore; join Howzat now to have a thrilling experience of cricket gaming.
Play Fantasy Cricket on Howzat!