KOLKATA VS. LUCKNOW: FANTASY CRICKET TIPS, TODAY’S MATCH PREVIEW, INDIAN T20 LEAGUE 2022
Kolkata and Lucknow will take on each other in Match 66 of the Indian T20 League 2022 at the DY Patil Stadium on Wednesday evening. Kolkata are currently 6th in the points table, with 6 wins in 13 matches, while Lucknow are placed 3rd, with 8 wins and 5 losses. A win for Lucknow might take them to the 2nd spot, while a win for Kolkata here will take them into the elusive 4th place in the standings. Lucknow defeated Kolkata comfortably by 75 runs when they met for the first time earlier in the season.
Facing elimination, the Kolkata team has produced two strong performances in their last two matches and are coming here with their morale high. Kolkata won their last game against Hyderabad by a big margin of 54 runs. A. Russell scored 49 runs and picked up 3 wickets, while T. Southee took a couple of wickets. A. Rahane is injured and out of the tournament. Kolkata have a 1-2 win-loss record in their 3 games played here this season.
On the other hand, the Lucknow team has hit a slight roadblock late in the season. They have lost their last two matches and have dropped down from the 1st place to 3rd in the points table. The team lost its last match against Rajasthan by 24 runs. D. Hooda was the top scorer with the bat, making 59 runs, while R. Bishnoi took 2 wickets. Lucknow have a 2-1 win-loss record in their 3 games played here this season.
- Match: Kolkata vs. Lucknow, Match 66
- Venue: DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
- Date & Time: May 18, 2022, at 7.30 PM IST
Kolkata vs. Lucknow Match 66 Probable Playing XIs
V. Iyer, A. Tomar, N. Rana, S. Iyer (C), S. Billings (WK), A. Russell, R. Singh, S. Narine, T. Southee, U. Yadav, V. Chakravarthy
KL. Rahul (C), Q. de Kock (WK), E. Lewis, D. Hooda, M. Vohra, M. Stoinis, J. Holder, K. Gowtham, M. Khan, A. Khan, R. Bishnoi
Lucknow vs Kolkata HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORD
|Matches||Kolkata Wins||Lucknow Wins||Tie/NR|
|Indian T20 League||0||1||0|
|Last 5 Matches||0||1||0|
Despite Mumbai well into its summer season, the temperatures will be close to 30°C when the match begins on Monday evening.
Pitch Report For Kolkata vs. Lucknow Match
As seen in the last few matches played here, run scoring will not be easy and the pitch is expected to assist the bowlers more (especially spinners). This venue has seen a total above 170 chased down only once this season, and that was in the very first match played there. A total below 160 has been defended just once. The average score batting first in the tournament has been 169 runs.
In terms of numbers, there is not much advantage either in chasing or batting first. Chasing teams have won 10 of 19 matches here. However, with pitches getting old and becoming helpful for the bowlers in the second innings, defending the score is not a bad idea.
TOP FANTASY PICKS For Kolkata vs. Lucknow Match
- N. Rana has been one of the consistent batters in the middle order for Kolkata. He has 3 40+ scores in his last five innings and a high score of 57 runs. In 13 matches played, he has made 319 runs at an average of 26.58 and a strike rate of 139.30, including 2 half centuries.
- A. Russell has been the player of the season for Kolkata, thanks to his contributions with both the bat and the ball. In the 13 matches played, he has scored 330 runs at an average of 41.25 and an outstanding strike rate of 182.32. He has also taken 17 wickets, with best figures of 4/5. He made 49 runs and took 3 wickets in the last match.
- T. Southee has been an important part of Kolkata’s bowling line-up this season. Despite playing only 8 of the 13 matches played, he has taken 14 wickets at an average of 15.57, an economy of 7.03 and a strike rate of 13.28. He has picked up 7 wickets in his three matches played here this season, including the two 3-wicket hauls.
- K.L. Rahul is going through a lean run of form, with just 101 runs in his last five innings. But he still remains the team’s leading run scorer, with 469 runs in 13 matches at an average of 42.64 and a strike rate of 135.54, including 2 centuries and 2 half centuries. He was run out without facing a ball the last time he played against Kolkata.
- D. Hooda has been a happy surprise for Lucknow this season. He is the second-highest run scorer for the team, with 406 runs in 13 matches at an average of 31.23 and a strike rate of 133.55, including 4 half centuries. Hooda was the highest run scorer (59 runs off 39 balls) in the last game against Rajasthan, while the next best score was just 27 runs.
- A. Khan is the leading wicket taker for Lucknow this season, with 17 wickets in 11 matches at an average of 18.35, an economy of 7.86, and a strike rate of 14. He has taken 6 wickets in his last three matches played and his best spell of the season (4/24) has come at this venue.
Kolkata vs. Lucknow Match HOWZAT DREAM TEAM
- Wicketkeeper: KL. Rahul
- Batters: S. Iyer, N. Rana, D. Hooda, M. Stoinis
- All-rounders: A. Russell, S. Narine
- Bowlers: T. Southee, A. Khan, M. Khan, R. Bishnoi
- Captain: A. Russell/A. Khan
- Vice Captain: KL. Rahul/N. Rana
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the Indian T20 League 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download Howzat, the best fantasy app and select your own team. Happy winning!