LUCKNOW VS. BANGALORE: INDIAN T20 LEAGUE 2022, ELIMINATOR, TODAY’S MATCH PREVIEW, FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
After the jostling for play-off spots in the final weeks of this Indian T20 League season, we’ve now reached a stage where one bad game means the end of the road. For both Lucknow and Bangalore, there will be no second chances. Lose this Eliminator, and a season that promised so much is over.
Lucknow Team, along with Gujarat, the other new franchise, have been a revelation. They may have lost 2 of their last 3 games, but were already pretty much assured of a spot in the final 4 by then. The two openers, K.L. Rahul and Q. de Kock, have shown the way with the bat, along with D. Hooda. The pace bowling of A. Khan and M. Khan has caught the eye, though R. Bishnoi hasn’t quite lived up to expectations. J. Holder has had a solid season, while more was expected from M. Stoinis. But for a team built from scratch, just being at this stage ahead of serial winners like Mumbai, Chennai and Kolkata is a massive achievement.
For Bangalore Team, this is a 3rd straight play-off appearance, though they won’t want to be reminded that they lost in the Eliminator in both 2020 and 2021. F. du Plessis has provided calm leadership and runs – including 96* when Bangalore beat Lucknow in April – while V. Kohli has shown welcome signs of a return to form. The key to their batting though is the six-hitting capacity of G. Maxwell and D. Karthik, both favorites with fantasy cricket players. The pace bowling load has been carried mostly by H. Patel and J. Hazlewood. The game-changer, however, could be Sri Lanka’s W. Hasaranga, whose clever leg-spin has fetched him 24 wickets, behind only Y. Chahal.
- Match: Lucknow vs. Bangalore, Eliminator
- Venue: Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Date & Time: May 25, 2022, at 7:30 PM IST
Lucknow vs. Bangalore Eliminator Probable Playing XIs
K.L. Rahul (C), Q. de Kock (WK), M. Vohra, E. Lewis, D. Hooda, M. Stoinis, K. Pandya, J. Holder, M. Khan, R. Bishnoi, A. Khan
F. du Plessis (C), V. Kohli, R. Patidar, G. Maxwell, D. Karthik (WK), M. Lomror, S. Ahmed, W. Hasaranga, H. Patel, J. Hazlewood, M. Siraj
Bangalore vs Lucknow HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORD
|Matches||Lucknow Wins||Bangalore Wins||Tie/NR|
|Indian T20 League||0||1||0|
|Last 5 Matches||0||1||0|
There should be clear skies by the time this match starts in the evening, and the temperature will be around 31°C.
Pitch Report For Lucknow vs. Bangalore Match
It’s difficult to predict how the pitch will behave since the venue hasn’t hosted games in over 3 months. Earlier in the season, the surfaces were batter-friendly, with India crossing the 180-run mark in each of the 3 matches where they batted first.
In the 4 international games played between November and February, India won 3 matches batting first, and comfortably chased down a target of 158 runs in the other.
TOP FANTASY PICKS For Lucknow vs. Bangalore Match
- K.L. Rahul has had another splendid year with the bat, scoring 537 runs at a strike rate of 135.26. There have been 2 hundreds, and he has no ego issues about playing second fiddle to Q. de Kock or anyone else.
- Q. de Kock didn’t find top gear for much of the season, but when he did, Kolkata’s bowlers were smashed for 140* in just 70 balls. He has 502 runs for the season at a strike rate of 149.40.
- M. Khan started the season as a squad player, but has since transformed himself into a key cog in Lucknow’s bowling attack. The days spent training with M. Shami before the season began have proved worthwhile, with 13 wickets from eight matches, and an outstanding economy rate of 5.93.
- F. du Plessis is the highest run scorer for the Bangalore team this season, with 399 runs in 13 matches at an average of 33.35 and a strike rate of 132.55, including 3 half centuries. He has scored 110 runs in the last three innings played, with a high score of 73*, which incidentally came in the last match against Hyderabad.
- G. Maxwell is a match-winner in the middle order for Bangalore. He has scored 228 runs in 10 matches at an average of 25.33 and a strike rate of 166.42. Maxwell has 3 scores of 30+ runs in the last four matches and has taken 4 wickets too. In the two matches played here, he has made 88 runs and picked up 1 wicket.
- W. Hasaranga is the leading wicket taker for Bangalore and the second overall this season. He has taken 23 wickets in 13 matches at an average of 14.65, an economy rate of 7.48, and a strike rate of 11.7. Hasaranga has been brilliant in the middle overs and has taken 7 wickets in three matches played here, with best figures of 5/18.
Lucknow vs. Bangalore Match HOWZAT FANTASY TEAM
- Wicketkeepers: Q. de Kock, K.L. Rahul, D. Karthik
- Batters: F. du Plessis, V. Kohli, D. Hooda
- All-rounders: J. Holder, G. Maxwell
- Bowlers: W. Hasaranga, H. Patel, M. Khan
- Captain: Q. de Kock/W. Hasaranga
- Vice Captain: G. Maxwell/M. Khan
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the Indian T20 League 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download the favorite fantasy cricket app and select your own team, Howzat!