ISLAMABAD UNITED VS. LAHORE QALANDARS: PAK T20 LEAGUE 2021, MATCH 15 | PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the 15th match of the Pak T20 League 2021, Islamabad United are up against Lahore Qalandars at the National Stadium in Karachi on Thursday evening.
Lahore Qalandars defeated Karachi Kings in the final over of their last match. On the other hand, Islamabad United won a one-sided contest against Quetta Gladiators by 6 wickets. Islamabad have maintained a winning streak against Lahore, defeating them in the last 4 games that these two sides have played.
The United bowlers restricted the opponents’ batsmen to a small total in the last game, which the batsmen chased down pretty comfortably. Hasan Ali and F Ashraf were terrific with the ball and picked up 5 of the 7 wickets to fall. In the batting department, A Hales and P Stirling have been in great form and will be looking to give a good start here too. R Nazir and S Khan also contributed well in the middle order in the last game. The team will be looking for another all-round performance from the players here.
Thanks to F Zaman, B Dunk, and the final blitz from D Wiese, the Qalandars finished the chase successfully in the last match. Skipper S Akhtar and M Hafeez missed out in the last game and will look to do well in the middle order here. Shaheen Afridi has been brilliant so far in the tournament and will look to continue his form here, with help from H Rauf and A Daniyal in the pace department. S Patel and D Wiese can keep the scoring rate under check in the middle overs.
With both teams looking high on confidence and coming into this contest with wins, expect a thrilling battle at the National Stadium in Karachi.
- Match: Islamabad United vs. Lahore Qalandars, Match 15
- Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
- Date & Time: Mar. 4, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
A Hales, P Stirling, R Nazir (WK), S Khan (C), A Ali, H Talat, I Ahmed, F Ashraf, M Musa, Hasan Ali, M Wasim
F Zaman, Z Ashraf, J Denly, M Hafeez, S Akhtar (C), B Dunk (WK), S Patel, D Wiese, H Rauf, A Daniyal, Shaheen Afridi
Pitch & Weather Report
The weather is expected to be clear in Karachi during the match. The temperature will be around 26 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the National Stadium is turning out to be a batsmen’s paradise. The surface has true pace and bounce on offer for the batsmen to play their shots through the line. There could be some lateral movement on offer for the pace bowlers with the new ball. The average score in the last five games played here this season has been 169 runs.
The chasing teams have won all the matches played so far in the tournament. Expect the trend to continue here too. A score of around 190 runs should be a competitive one here.
- A Hales has been the best batsman for Islamabad United so far, with 139 runs at an average of 34.75 and a strike rate of 171.6. He will look to dominate the strong bowling line-up of the Qalandars right from the start of the innings.
- P Stirling scored a match-winning knock of 56 off 33 balls against Quetta. It included 8 fours and 2 sixes. He provides good international experience at the top of the order and will be keen to continue his good form from the last match here.
- Hasan Ali is the highest wicket taker for Islamabad United this season, with 6 wickets at an average of 14.83 and an economy rate of 5.56. He picked up his second consecutive 2-wicket haul in the last game against the Gladiators.
- F Zaman is the top run scorer for Lahore Qalandars in the tournament, with 189 runs at an average of 63 and a strike rate of 143. He scored his second 80 in the last four games and anchored the team’s innings against the Kings. He will look to continue his good form here.
- M Hafeez failed to cross 20 for the first time in the four innings he has played in this tournament so far. He is the second-highest run scorer for Lahore, with 181 runs at an average of 90.5. He will look to play a big knock against Islamabad in this game.
- Shaheen Afridi has been the best bowler for Lahore Qalandars, picking up 9 wickets at an average of 12.55 and an economy rate of 7.06. He picked up his second 3-wicket haul of the tournament in the last game and was adjudged the Player of the Match.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: R Nazir, B Dunk
- Batsmen: A Hales, P Stirling, F Zaman
- All-rounders: F Ashraf, M Hafeez
- Bowlers: Hasan Ali, M Wasim, H Rauf, Shaheen Afridi
- Captain: F Zaman/M Hafeez
- Vice Captain: A Hales/P Stirling
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!