ISLAMABAD UNITED VS. QUETTA GLADIATORS: PAK T20 LEAGUE 2021, MATCH 12 | PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the 12th match of the Pak T20 League 2021, Islamabad United are up against Quetta Gladiators at the National Stadium in Karachi on Monday evening.
Islamabad United suffered their first defeat of the season after losing to Peshawar Zalmi in the last game. On the other hand, Quetta Gladiators have remained winless in their three games played in the tournament so far.
It was a disappointing performance for Islamabad who could only make 118 runs while batting first. A Hales made the only significant score in their innings, supported by small cameos from H Talat and A Ali. Hasan Ali and M Wasim tried their best to bring the side back with the ball but they did not have enough runs on board to defend. A lot is expected from the team’s senior players coming into this game.
For Quetta, the opening combination has failed so far in the tournament. They need a good start from C Delport and S Ayub for the remaining matches. The middle order has good experience with the likes of F du Plessis, S Ahmed, A Khan, and B Cutting in the side. All of them need to step up in the remaining games. Their bowlers have bowled poorly so far and this has resulted in all the losses in the tournament. M Hasnain and D Steyn need to bowl tight lines with the new ball and guide their fellow bowlers if the team wants to break its losing streak.
With both teams coming off losses in their last game, expect a close encounter at the National Stadium in Karachi.
- Match: Islamabad United vs. Quetta Gladiators, Match 12
- Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
- Date & Time: Mar. 2, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
A Hales, P Stirling, P Salt (WK), S Khan (C), F Ashraf, A Ali, H Talat, I Ahmed, F Ahmed, H Ali, M Wasim
C Delport, S Ayub, F du Plessis, S Ahmed (C & WK), A Khan, B Cutting, M Nawaz, M Hasnain, D Steyn, Z Mahmood, U Shinwari
Pitch & Weather Report
The weather is expected to be clear in Karachi during the match. The temperature will be around 25 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the National Stadium is turning out to be a batsmen’s paradise. The surface has true pace and bounce on offer for the batsmen to play the shots through the line. There could be some lateral movement on offer for the pace bowlers with the new ball. The average score in the last five games played here this season has been 171 runs.
The chasing teams have won all the matches so far in the tournament. Expect the trend to continue here too. A score of around 190 runs should be a competitive one here.
- A Hales is the leading run scorer for Islamabad United in the tournament. In three matches, he has scored 116 runs at an average of 38.66 and a strike-rate of 170.58. With the top order not making a lot of runs, he will be key to his team’s chances here.
- P Stirling failed to make an impact in his debut match in this year’s tournament, scoring just 1 run. He is a consistent performer for his national side and has been in good form in recent white-ball matches. He will look to bounce back and score a big knock here.
- Hasan Ali is the joint-highest wicket taker for Islamabad United this season, with 4 wickets at an average of 16.5 and an economy rate of 5.50. He is in good form since his international comeback and is expected to take more wickets here.
- F du Plessis is the most experienced overseas player in the absence of C Gayle. He has been very consistent in the T20 format and batted well for his 37 runs off 26 balls in the last game. He will be key in the top order for the Gladiators.
- S Ahmed is the top run scorer for Quetta Gladiators, with 128 runs at an average of 42 and a strike rate of 158. He batted superbly in the last match, scoring 81 runs off 40 balls, including 12 fours. He will look to continue his good form here.
- M Hasnain has been the best bowler for the Gladiators in the tournament. He has picked up 3 wickets at an average of 29.66 and an economy rate of 8.21. He is expected to pick up more wickets against the out-of-form top order of Islamabad.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: S Ahmed, A Khan
- Batsmen: A Hales, P Stirling, F du Plessis
- All-rounders: F Ashraf, M Wasim, B Cutting
- Bowlers: Hasan Ali, D Steyn, M Hasnain
- Captain: F du Plessis/S Ahmed
- Vice Captain: A Hales/P Stirling
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!