JAIPUR VS. PATNA: INDIAN KABADDI LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 53 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 7 AND FANTASY KABADDI TIPS
The only two teams to have won their last 2 matches in the league find themselves on opposite ends of the play-off picture. Patna know that a victory in Match 53 of the Indian Kabaddi League, to be played at the Sheraton Grand Whitefield in Bengaluru on 14th January, will further cement their spot at the top. Jaipur, currently 7th and just outside the play-off spots, must win this match to maintain the pressure on the teams just ahead of them.
Patna are unbeaten in 6 matches, and the numbers tell an interesting story. With Pardeep Narwal having shifted to UP, they don’t have a single raider in the top 10. But three of them have more than 45 points, and that combined effort has been backed by a tremendous defence, with the team averaging nearly 11 successful tackles a game.
Jaipur make 3 fewer tackles per game and have been largely reliant on Arjun Deshwal and Deepak Hooda for points. But as they showed against Delhi when they overturned a 4-point deficit in the last 5 minutes, there is plenty of toughness in the ranks. They will hope they’re peaking at the right time.
Patna have traditionally had the better of this contest, though Jaipur’s win in 2019 was one of the most lopsided score lines between the two sides. Two well-balanced teams with 4 titles between them should provide for a cracking contest.
- Game: Jaipur vs. Patna, Match 53
- Venue: Sheraton Grand Whitefield, Bengaluru
- Date & Time: Jan. 14, 2022, at 7:30PM IST
Probable Playing 7
Arjun Deshwal, Amit, Vishal, Deepak Hooda, Naveen, Sahul Kumar, Sandeep Dhull (C)
Monu Goyat, Neeraj Kumar, Sajin, Prashanth Kumar (C), Sachin, Sunil, Mohammadreza Chiyaneh
Jaipur may have been the first champions, but it was Patna with 3 titles in a row that went on to dominate both the rivalry and the competition.
|Matches||Jaipur Won||Patna Won||Draws|
Previous Season Results
In their first contest of the 2019 season, Jaipur’s Deepak Narwal matched Pardeep Narwal’s tally of 9 points, but the main difference was the 8 tackle points scored by Sandeep Dhull. In the return, Patna registered a narrow win, with Pardeep (14 points) to the fore.
- Match 23: Patna 21 – 34 Jaipur
- Match 87: Jaipur 33 – 36 Patna
Top Fantasy Picks
- Neeraj Kumar’s contribution to Patna establishing themselves as the league’s strongest defensive unit is immsense. He has 21 tackle points for the season and was at his very best in the thrashing of Mumba, where he successfully completed 8 out of 10 tackles.
- Sahul Kumar is one of the league’s premier all-rounders. With a tackle strike-rate of 55 per cent and 24 tackle points for the season, he has been crucial in the team not getting cut adrift from play-off contention. In the 2 wins that revived their season – against Puneri and Delhi – Sahul had 11 successful tackles.
- Arjun Deshwal has an excellent raid strike-rate of 63 for the season. However, he wasn’t at his best in the victories over Puneri and Delhi, scoring just 7 points in the second game. With no other Jaipur raider having crossed 50 points, his contribution will be vital as they hunt a play-off place.
Howzat Dream Team
- Defenders: Neeraj Kumar, Mohammadreza Chiyaneh, Sandeep Dhull
- All-rounder: Sahul Kumar
- Raiders: Arjun Deshwal, Sachin, Prashanth Kumar
- Captain: Prashanth Kumar/Arjun Deshwal
- Vice Captain: Sachin/Sahul Kumar
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy kabaddi prediction and play all the upcoming matches of Indian Kabaddi League. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 7 is announced by each team as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Know fantasy kabaddi rules and play on your favorite fantasy gaming app and select your own team, Howzat!