Match: Trinbago vs. St. Kitts & Nevis
Venue: Brian Lara Stadium, Tarouba, Trinidad
Date and time: September 03, 2020, at 7.30 PM IST
Preview: It’s a battle at the bottom half of the Caribbean T20 League table as Jamaica are set to take on St. Kitts & Nevis in the 25th match. Jamaica have been inconsistent at best in this season, which is still better compared to the performances put up by the St. Kitts & Nevis team. Despite Jamaica winning the last match between the two, it’s really hard to predict who will come out on top in this encounter, but we assume it will be Jamaica hitting top gear to catch up with Guyana as well as ensuring they aren’t toppled over by Barbados in the 5th position.
Pitch and Weather Conditions: Caribbean T20 action resumed at the Brian Lara Cricket Stadium on 1st September and the pitch produced a mixed bag of results. The match between Trinbago and Jamaica was a high scoring affair, whereas the match between Barbados and Guyana saw Barbados managing just 92 runs from their 20 overs. Although one thing that is clear is that the pitch has been favorable to spinners, which will be good news for bowlers like Lamichhane and Sodhi.
Probable Playing 11 and Key Players
Probable Playing 11 for Jamaica: C Walton, G Phillips, J Blackwood, N Bonner, R Powell, A Russell, A Ali, C Brathwaite, S Lamichhane, F Edwards, M Rehman
Probable Playing 11 for St. Kitts & Nevis: E Lewis, K Powell, J Silva, B Dunk, D Ramdin, S Tanvir, A Joseph, I Sodhi, R Emrit, J Jaggesar, I Khan
- J Silva, who was impressive in his last match (at the time of writing) and scored 59 runs, will be looking to continue his great form.
- B Dunk and D Ramdin have performed consistently so far and will be holding the fort in the middle order for St. Kitts.
- E Lewis is the highest run-getter in the St. Kitts team, at the time of writing, and is certain to start the match.
- G Phillips and A Russell have been in fantastic batting form this season, which was visible in the last match against Trinbago. They may be the match winners for Jamaica.
- With the likes of Rehman and Lamichhane in the line-up, Jamaica will pose a great threat to the St. Kitts batting order.
Howzat Dream Team
- G Phillips
- E Lewis
- J Silva
- N Bonner
- D Ramdin
- J Blackwood
- A Rusell
- C Brathwaite
- S Lamichhane
- M Rehman
- R Emrit
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket online team by using your knowledge of cricket. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (15 to 30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the playing 11. You can even check out our blog to find interesting articles on how to play fantasy cricket
Select your own team and play fantasy cricket!