KARACHI KINGS VS. ISLAMABAD UNITED: PAK T20 LEAGUE 2021, MATCH 6 | PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the sixth match of the Pak T20 League 2021, defending champions Karachi Kings are up against Islamabad United at the National Stadium in Karachi on Wednesday evening.
Karachi Kings registered an impressive win in the last game against Quetta Gladiators. They were good both with the ball and the bat as they dismissed their opponents for a small total and won the match by 7 wickets. The side would be looking to carry forward this momentum into the next game.
B Azam looked in good form along with J Clarke, who put up the highest score of the game. M Nabi did well in the end to finish off the game for the Kings. The team also has good firepower down the order with D Christian. M Amir was brilliant with the new ball alongside W Maqsood and A Iqbal. They have a variety of options in their bowling attack and would be looking to carry this form into the next game.
Islamabad United started the tournament on the right note with a 3-wicket win over Multan Sultans in the last game. A few issues remain for the side but this win would give them confidence coming here.
A Hales and P Salt got a decent start in the last game but could not go on to make big scores. It was the depth of their batting order that won the game for them as L Gregory and F Ashraf, coming in at No. 7 and 8 respectively, brought the side home. The team has good overall strength with the ball.
Karachi Kings won both the games against Islamabad United in the last season and it would be interesting to see if Islamabad United can put up a good fight here, after looking a bit rusty in the last game.
- Match: Karachi Kings vs. Islamabad United, Match 6
- Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
- Date & Time: Feb. 24, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
B Azam, S Khan, J Clarke (WK), C Ingram, M Nabi, D Christian, I Wasim (C), A Yamin, W Maqsood, M Amir, A Iqbal
A Hales, P Salt (WK), A Ali, H Talat, S Khan (C), I Ahmed, L Gregory, F Ashraf, Z Gohar, H Ali, M Wasim
Pitch & Weather Report
The weather is expected to be mostly clear in Karachi during the match. The temperature will be around 25 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the National Stadium is a good batting wicket. In the initial few matches of this season, the pace bowlers dominated the games by taking early wickets. The pitch is starting to ease down as batsmen have been able to make big scores in the last few games. The average score in the five games played here this season has been 156 runs.
The chasing team has won all five matches so far in the tournament. Since the pitch will get better in the second half of the match with dew coming down, expect the trend to continue here too. A score of around 180 runs should be a competitive one here.
- B Azam should be able to find his batting form now since he is not being burdened with the pressure of captaincy. He looked fluent during his brief stay at the crease in the last game, scoring 24 off 20 balls. He will look to anchor the innings for the Kings here.
- J Clarke had a good time in the last game, guiding the chase for Karachi with his 46-run knock and taking 4 catches behind the stumps. He will look to continue his form from the T10 league and the first match here.
- M Amir has not picked up a lot of wickets in his last few matches but has been pretty economical with the ball and bowled good lengths. Given that Islamabad’s strength lies in their heavy top order, he will look to strike early and take wickets here.
- A Hales started on a positive note in the last match, scoring a quick 29 runs off 20 balls, but could not convert his innings into a big one. He will look to make the most of his brilliant batting form in this game against the experienced blowing unit of the Kings.
- L Gregory can score quick runs and pick up crucial wickets too. He did both in the last match, picking up 2 wickets and scoring a match-winning 49 runs off just 31 balls to guide his team to a win.
- S Khan has achieved great all-round success in the shortest format of the game with his leg spin and decent batting abilities. Last season, he picked up 8 wickets and scored 263 runs in eight matches. Expect him to do well in this season too.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: J Clarke, P Salt
- Batsmen: B Azam, A Hales, A Ali
- All-rounders: D Christian, L Gregory, F Ashraf
- Bowlers: M Amir, A Iqbal, H Ali
- Captain: B Azam/D Christian
- Vice Captain: A Hales/L Gregory
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play real cricket online game. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!