KARACHI KINGS VS. LAHORE QALANDARS: PAK T20 LEAGUE 2021, MATCH 11 | PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the 11th match of the Pak T20 League 2021, Karachi Kings are up against Lahore Qalandars at the National Stadium in Karachi on Sunday evening.
Karachi Kings picked up their second win in three games as they chased down 196 runs against Multan Sultans with 7 balls to spare in the last game. They face the Qalandars, who suffered their first loss of the tournament in the last match and will be eager to bounce back here.
Chasing a big total against the Sultans, Karachi Kings went in with all guns blazing as skipper B Azam led the team with his unbeaten 90 runs, along with S Khan and J Clarke. The Karachi bowlers gave away more than 190 runs for the second time in a row. I Wasim and M Amir had decent bowling figures, both giving 8.5 runs per over. A Iqbal was the pick of the bowlers, taking 2 for 36.
For the Qalandars, M Hafeez led the batting unit with 60 runs and received support on the other end from J Denly and S Patel. They scored 157 runs in their 20 overs. Shaheen Afridi and S Patel shared 3 wickets between them but were unable to trouble the opposition, given their team’s low total. H Rauf and S Mirza went for runs at 10+ runs per over and struggled to control the run flow.
With the winner likely to sit at the top of the points table, expect both teams to fight hard in this cracking contest at the National Stadium in Karachi.
- Match: Karachi Kings vs. Lahore Qalandars, Match 11
- Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
- Date & Time: Feb. 28, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
B Azam, S Khan, J Clarke (WK), C Ingram, M Nabi, D Christian, I Wasim (C), A Yamin, W Maqsood, M Amir, A Iqbal
F Zaman, S Akhtar (C), J Denly, M Hafeez, B Dunk (WK), S Patel, D Wiese, H Rauf, A Daniyal, Shaheen Afridi, S Mirza
Pitch & Weather Report
The weather is expected to be clear in Karachi during the match. The temperature will be around 25 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the National Stadium is turning out to be a batsmen’s paradise as high scores have been made consistently in the tournament so far. The surface has true pace and bounce on offer for the batsmen to play the shots through the line. There could be some lateral movement on offer for the pace bowlers with the new ball. The average score in the last five games played here this season has been 173 runs.
The chasing teams have won all the matches so far in the tournament. Expect the trend to continue here too. A score of around 190 runs should be a competitive one here.
- B Azam is back to his run-scoring form at the top of the order, scoring 90* and 64 runs in the last two matches. Expect him to continue his purple patch with the bat in this game against the Qalandars.
- S Khan has scored the opening century in this year’s tournament and is the second-highest run scorer for the Kings. He scored a quick-fire 27 runs off 14 balls in the last match to set up the platform for a big successful chase for his team.
- M Amir has bowled well in the tournament so far. He has taken 3 wickets in three matches at an economy of 7.66. With swing and movement available with the new ball, he will look to strike early in this match.
- M Hafeez has been in brilliant form with scores of 60, 73* and 33* in the last three matches, while batting at the crucial no.3 position. Expect him to continue his excellent form and make a big score in this match too.
- J Denly was fluent in the last match, playing his first game in this year’s tournament. He scored 31 runs off 29 balls, with 2 fours and 2 sixes, and put up a strong partnership with Hafeez in the middle overs. He will look to play a similar knock in this game too.
- Shaheen Afridi is the highest wicket taker for the Qalandars this season, with 6 wickets in three matches at an average of 14.33. He bowled a good spell in the last game, dismissing Rizwan and Lynn.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: B Dunk
- Batsmen: B Azam, S Khan, J Denly
- All-rounders: D Christian, S Patel, M Hafeez
- Bowlers: M Amir, A Iqbal, S Mirza, Shaheen Afridi
- Captain: B Azam/J Clarke
- Vice Captain: M Rizwan/C Brathwaite
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!