Previous winners Kolkata and Mumbai will come face to face in Match 14 of the Indian T20 League 2022 on Wednesday evening at the MCA Stadium in Pune. Kolkata are currently placed 2nd in the points table, whereas Mumbai are currently placed 8th in the points table.
Team Kolkata has managed to win 2 out of 3 matches in the tournament, including a dominating 6-wicket win in their last game against Punjab. A. Russell smashed 70 runs and finished the game with more than 5 overs to spare. But this match is likely to be their toughest assignment. They have won only 7 out of their 29 games against Mumbai and would be looking to improve the record against their bogey team. Australian Test captain P. Cummins is available for selection.
Team Mumbai, on the other hand, is yet to win a game this season. They lost their previous match against Rajasthan by 23 runs after they failed to chase down the target of 194 runs. I. Kishan and T. Varma scored 54 runs and 61 runs, respectively, but others failed to contribute much. S. Yadav might be included in the playing 11 to strengthen the weak middle-order of the batting unit.
- Match: Kolkata vs. Mumbai, Match 14
- Venue: Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune
- Date & Time: Apr. 6, 2022, at 7:30 PM IST
Kolkata vs Mumbai Probably Playing XIs
A. Rahane, V. Iyer, N. Rana, S. Iyer (C), S. Billings (WK), A. Russell, S. Narine, U. Yadav, P. Cummins, V. Chakravarthy, R. Salam
I. Kishan (WK), R. Sharma (C), S. Yadav T. Varma, K. Pollard, D. Brewis, D. Sams, T. Mills, B. Thampi, M. Ashwin, J. Bumrah
|Matches||Kolkata Wins||Mumbai Wins||Tie/NR|
|Indian T20 League||7||22||0|
|Last 5 Matches||1||4||0|
Despite summer having set in Pune, the players should enjoy the evening weather, with the temperature around 26°C at the start of play.
It will be the third match of the season on this ground. If the first two games played here are any indication, this venue may go against the tournament’s bowl-first trend. Batters have found it easy to score runs here and the fast bowlers have enjoyed the pace the surface is offering to them. The average first innings score in the tournament is 190 runs.
Both the games this season have been won by the team batting first and the same might get repeated in this game. Before the season began, 9 of the previous 14 games had been won by the chasing side.
Top Fantasy Picks
- S. Iyer’s good scoring form is yet to materialize into big runs in the tournament. In the three matches played, he made 59 runs at a strike rate of 134.09. His highest score of 26 runs off 15 deliveries came in the previous match against Punjab. He will be looking for a big innings today.
- A. Russell almost single-handedly won the previous game for Kolkata with the bat. Coming in at a tricky position at No. 6, Russell made 70 runs off just 31 deliveries in the match. He hit 8 massive sixes in his innings and helped the team chase the target with plenty of balls to spare. Russell in this kind of batting form is very dangerous.
- U. Yadav has been a game-changer with the new ball in the tournament. He is currently the Purple Cap holder with 8 wickets in three matches at an average of 7.37, an economy of 4.91, and a strike rate of 9. He was adjudged the Player of the Match in both the games that Kolkata has won.
- I. Kishan has justified the ₹15.5-crore price tag that Mumbai shelled in the mega auction. He is the highest run scorer for Mumbai this season with a half century in both matches. In the first game, he made 81 runs off 48 deliveries against Delhi which was followed by an innings of 54 runs off 43 balls against Rajasthan.
- T. Varma has emerged as the next batting superstar for Mumbai in the absence of S. Yadav. He played a sensational inning in the last match, scoring 61 runs off 33 deliveries which included 3 fours and 5 sixes. Expect him to back that good knock with a solid performance here.
- T. Mills is the highest wicket taker for Mumbai in the tournament so far. He has taken 4 wickets in two matches at an average of 15.35 and a strike rate of 10.5. Although his economy rate of 8.71 is on the higher side, his wicket-taking ability in the final overs is an asset for the team. He took 3/35 in the previous match against Rajasthan.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: I. Kishan
- Batters: R. Sharma, T. Varma, S. Iyer
- All-rounders: V. Iyer, A. Russell, S. Narine
- Bowlers: J. Bumrah, T. Mills, T. Southee, U. Yadav
- Captain: S. Iyer/U. Yadav
- Vice Captain: R. Sharma/T. Mills
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy cricket match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket upcoming matches of the Indian T20 League 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!