CHENNAI VS. RAJASTHAN: INDIAN T20 LEAGUE, MATCH 37 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Match 37 of the Indian T20 league has Chennai facing Rajasthan at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium on Monday.
Both the teams have had a disappointing season so far and have high chances of missing the playoffs. In the nine matches played by each team, each team has had only three victories and six losses. Both the teams are in the bottom half of the table.
With the traditional approach not giving the desired results, Chennai have tried a new batting approach, which includes S Curran at the top of the order. F du Plessis returned to form with a fifty against Delhi in the last game. As the duo of Ambati Rayudu and Shane Watson have also found form, the team will be confident about their chances in this game.
D Bravo got injured in the game against Delhi and will miss out on the next few matches. I Tahir may get the nod to play for the first time this season. Against a power-packed batting unit like Rajasthan’s, the bowling is in for a stern test.
As for Rajasthan, their season hasn't gone according to plan so far. J Buttler and S Smith have blown hot and cold this season, which has decreased their chances of a top-four finish. Rajasthan will need premier all-rounder B Stokes to make a big contribution.
S Smith scored his first fifty since the two back-to-back half-centuries that he scored in his first two matches of the season. One was incidentally against Chennai. The team will hope that he can continue his form from here and score big runs consistently.
The reverse fixture between the two sides saw S Samson star with the bat as Rajasthan beat Chennai by 16 runs. However, both the teams have some new faces on the team now and look evenly matched on paper for this game.
With the stage set for another exciting game at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium, we should be in for a cracking contest between the two teams.
- Match: Chennai vs. Rajasthan, Match 37
- Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- Date & Time: Oct. 19, 2020, at 7.30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
S Curran, F du Plessis, S Watson, A Rayudu, M Dhoni (C & WK), K Jadhav, R Jadeja, S Thakur, K Sharma, D Chahar, I Tahir
J Buttler (WK), S Smith (C), S Samson, R Uthappa, B Stokes, R Parag, R Tewatia, S Gopal, J Archer, V Aaron, K Tyagi
As evident from the previous games, the pitch at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium is a little two-paced, with the pace bowlers enjoying the conditions more.
While the spinners have extracted some turn off the surface, fast bowlers have used variations in pace quite effectively. Although plenty of swing is on offer for the pacers, the power play phase is relatively easier for scoring runs against a brand-new ball.
Both teams will look to bat first on winning the toss, as the pitch is expected to slow down in the second innings. A score of 160 should be a good total.
- F du Plessis has made 364 runs in eight innings with four fifties this season. He scored 72 runs in the reverse fixture earlier in the season.
- S Watson scored a fifty in the last game Chennai played in Abu Dhabi. He will like to repeat his performance in this game.
- D Chahar picked up 2 wickets in the last game. With a helpful pitch on offer, expect him to take a few more.
- R Uthappa's best position is at the top of the order. He will hope to continue the form he showed by scoring 22-ball 42 against Bangalore in his last game.
- S Smith scored his third fifty of the season against Bangalore and looked comfortable in his familiar 4th position. He will look forward to making some more runs here.
- J Archer went wicketless against Bangalore and will look to bounce back against the batting unit of Chennai.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: J Buttler
- Batsmen: F du Plessis, S Smith, R Uthappa, S Watson
- All-rounder: S Curran, R Tewatia
- Bowlers: S Thakur, J Archer, D Chahar, K Tyagi
- Captain: F du Plessis/S Watson
- Vice Captain: J Buttler/J Archer
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team, play fantasy cricket, and win cash daily. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the fantasy 11.