DELHI VS. BENGAL: INDIAN KABADDI LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 19 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 7 AND FANTASY KABADDI TIPS
There are so many plots and subplots in this game, which is Match 19 of the Indian Kabaddi League, to be played at the Sheraton Grand Whitefield in Bengaluru on December 29. These were the two teams to contest the 2019 final, with Bengal reversing the positions in the league table by mounting a late charge to beat Delhi.
Though there have been personnel changes in the two years since that game, both teams remain among the leading contenders for glory this season. Delhi are unbeaten, having snatched a last-gasp draw against Gujarat in their previous game. Two of the vetearans, Ajay Thakur and Manjeet Chhillar, have yet to fire, and Naveen Kumar has once again been the leading man.
Bengal also started the defence of their crown with 2 straight wins, before Dong Geon Lee’s late score for Bengaluru pushed them to a first defeat of the season. The big question for them is the support for Maninder Singh and Mohammad Nabibakhsh. The likes of Sukesh Hegde will need to be much more consistent to keep them at the top of the ladder.
The head-to-head numbers were even until Bengal won the 2019 final. Delhi have once again signalled their intentions early on in a season, but this contest against a clever and organized Bengal team will be a big test of their reshaped squad.
- Game: Delhi vs. Bengal, Match 19
- Venue: Sheraton Grand Whitefield, Bengaluru
- Date & Time: Dec. 29, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
Probable Playing 7
Naveen Kumar, Vijay Malik, Ajay Thakur,Manjeet Chhillar, Jeeva Kumar, Joginder Narwal (C), Sandeep Narwal
Maninder Singh (C), Mohammad Nabibakhsh, Sukesh Hegde, Parveen, Darshan J, Rinku Narwal, Abozar Mighani
Both these fancied teams have had some epic tussles down the years, with Bengal just edging it in the head-to-head numbers. Crucially Bengal also won the match that mattered the most, the 2019 final.
|Matches||Delhi Won||Bengal Won||Draws|
Previous Season Results
Delhi topped the regular-season table, just ahead of the Bengal, but this was one team they couldn’t beat. Naveen Kumar was the leading point scorer in all 3 matches, including 18 in the final, but in each case, Bengal’s superior teamwork proved the difference.
- Match 46: Bengal 30 – 30 Delhi
- Match 11: Bengal 42 – 33 Delhi
- Final: Bengal 39 – 34 Delhi
Top Fantasy Picks
- Darshan J had excellent performances against the attacking prowess of both UP and Bengaluru. He had a relatively poor outing against Gujarat. With 7 tackle points, he is currently 5th in the charts.
- Mohammad Nabibakhsh has already earned 23 points this season. Apart from his deceptive raiding skills, he is superb in the tackles, with a strike rate of 70 per cent so far this season. When he is on top of his game, Bengal are so much harder to beat.
- Naveen Kumar has unfinished business against Bengal. In 2019, he scored 44 points against them in 3 matches, without a single win to show for it. It’s not often that a player scores 18 points in a final and ends up on the losing side.
Howzat Dream Team
- Defenders: Darshan J, Joginder Narwal
- All-rounders: Sandeep Narwal, Mohammad Nabibakhsh
- Raiders: Naveen Kumar, Maninder Singh, Ajay Thakur
- Captain: Naveen Kumar/Maninder Singh
- Vice Captain: Mohammad Nabibakhsh/Ajay Thakur
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy kabaddi prediction and play all the upcoming matches of India Kabaddi League. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 7 is announced by each team as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Know fantasy kabaddi rules and play on your favorite fantasy gaming app and select your own team, Howzat!