GUJARAT VS. RAJASTHAN: INDIAN T20 LEAGUE 2022, QUALIFIER 1, TODAY’S MATCH PREVIEW, FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Before the Indian T20 League began this season, you’d have been laughed out of the room if you’d suggested these two teams would top the table and play Qualifier 1. Gujarat are one of the league’s two new teams, while Rajasthan haven’t made the final since winning it in the first season under the magical leadership of the late, great S. Warne.
Gujarat Team lost 3 of their last 5 games after they’d more or less assured themselves of a play-off berth, and H. Pandya – who led the way with a power-packed 87* – will hope that his team will derive inspiration from the thrashing they gave Rajasthan over a month ago. Gujarat’s bowling has been led by M. Shami and R. Khan, a very different sort of leg-spinner to Chahal. It will be interesting to see which of L. Ferguson or A. Joseph is chosen as the overseas pace bowler.
Rajasthan Team won their last 2 games to sneak into second place ahead of Lucknow, and can call on both the leading run scorer and highest wicket taker in the competition. J. Buttler’s recent lack of form is a big concern though, while Y. Chahal may find himself bowling to one-time India teammates in Pandya and W. Saha. Rajasthan certainly need more batting impetus to supplement the efforts of the spin dream team of Chahal and R. Ashwin. They will also hope that the vastly experienced T. Boult can summon up one of those eye-catching spells he hasn’t managed this season.
Whoever loses this gets another opportunity to make the final in Qualifier 2, but neither will want the extra game in peak summer heat.
- Match: Gujarat vs. Rajasthan, Qualifier 1
- Venue: Eden Gardens, Kolkata
- Date & Time: May 24, 2022, at 7:30 PM IST
Gujarat vs. Rajasthan Qualifier 1 Probable Playing XIs
S. Gill, W. Saha (WK), M. Wade, H. Pandya (C), D. Miller, R. Tewatia, R. Khan, R. Sai Kishore, L. Ferguson, M. Shami, Y. Dayal
Y. Jaiswal, J. Buttler, D. Padikkal, S. Samson (C & WK), R. Parag, S. Hetmyer, R. Ashwin, T. Boult, P. Krishna, Y. Chahal, O. McCoy
Rajasthan vs. Gujarat HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORD
|Matches||Gujarat Wins||Rajasthan Wins||Tie/NR|
|Indian T20 League||1||0||0|
|Last 5 Matches||1||0||0|
Thunderstorms are forecast in Kolkata for the first half of the day, though the skies should clear by the time play starts in the evening. The temperature will be around 31°C then.
Pitch Report For Gujarat vs. Rajasthan Match
The venue has hosted just 4 international games in the past year. Three of those matches saw scores in excess of 180. The pitch is likely to remain batting-friendly throughout the match although some early movement is expected for the pacers.
India won all 4 of their T20 internationals against New Zealand and West Indies, winning 3 of them after batting first. But those games were played in the cooler winter months.
TOP FANTASY PICKS For Gujarat vs. Rajasthan Match
- H. Pandya has not only led the team superbly, but he is also their leading batter, with 413 runs at a strike rate of 131.52. Despite not bowling in the last few games, his medium pace could be a handy option if it’s a bouncy pitch.
- R. Khan has carried on where he left off with the Hyderabad team. His consistency is mind-boggling. This season, he has 18 wickets at an exceptional strike rate of 6.94.
- M. Shami has been one of the most dangerous bowlers in the PowerPlay, with his lively pace and movement asking questions of the best batters. He too has 18 wickets and the economy rate of 7.77 is excellent for a pace bowler.
- J. Buttler has made 11 runs in his last three innings, after smashing 618 in the previous 11 knocks. A new venue could just be the spur he needs to rediscover the form that has fetched him 3 hundreds and 3 half centuries this season.
- R. Ashwin has shown this season why India’s selectors should think of him as a wild card for the T20 World Cup later in the year. His 183 runs have come at an excellent strike rate of 146.40, and though he has only 11 wickets, his economy rate of 7.14 is far better than any other bowler in the side.
- Y. Chahal is on course for the Purple Cap given to the leading wicket taker. So far, he has 26 wickets at an economy rate of 7.67. He has picked up 7 wickets in his previous 4 matches this season.
Gujarat vs. Rajasthan Match HOWZAT DREAM TEAM
- Wicketkeepers: J. Buttler, W. Saha, S. Samson
- Batters: D. Miller, Y, Jaiswal, S. Gill
- All-rounders: H. Pandya, R.Ashwin
- Bowlers: R. Khan, Y. Chahal, M. Shami
- Captain: J. Buttler/R. Khan
- Vice Captain: H. Pandya/Y. Chahal
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the Indian T20 League 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download one of the favorite fantasy apps and select your own team, Howzat!