INDIA VS. SOUTH AFRICA: 4th T20, MATCH PREVIEW, TOP PICKS AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
India and South Africa will take on each other in the 4th match of the 5-match T20I series at the Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot, on Friday evening. South Africa lead the 5-match T20I series by 2-1.
Put in to bat for the third straight match, India posted a strong total of 179 runs, thanks to a big 97-run opening stand. R. Gaikwad and I. Kishan scored half-centuries followed by a good cameo by H. Pandya towards the end. For the visitors, D. Pretorius picked up a couple of wickets.
In reply, South Africa failed to chase down the total and were all out for 131 runs. None of the batters crossed the 30-run mark. For India, H. Patel picked up 4 wickets while Y. Chahal took 3 wickets. Q. de Kock, who injured his wrist before the second match, is likely to replace R. Hendricks in this match.
Team India will be aiming to continue this winning momentum and level things here while South Africa would be hoping to seal the series with a win in this match.
- Match: India vs. South Africa, 4th T20I
- Venue: Saurashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Rajkot
- Date & Time: June 17, 2022, at 7 PM IST
- Live Streaming: Star Sports channels and Disney+ Hotstar app
IND vs SA 4th T20 Probable Playing XIs
R. Gaikwad, I. Kishan, S. Iyer, R. Pant (C & WK), H. Pandya, D. Karthik, A. Patel, H. Patel, B. Kumar, Y. Chahal, A. Khan
South Africa Team
Q. de Kock (WK), T. Bavuma (C), D. Pretorius, R. van der Dussen, H. Klassen, D. Miller, M. Jansen, L. Ngidi, K. Maharaj, A. Nortje, T. Shamsi
India vs South Africa Head-to-Head Record
|Matches||India Wins||South Africa Wins||Tie/NR|
|Last 5 Matches||2||3||0|
The weather is slightly better on this side of the country, with cooler temperatures and less humidity. The temperature is expected to be around 33°C in the evening.
IND vs SA 4th T20 Pitch Report
The pitch at the SCA Stadium in Rajkot is usually flat and full of runs. The bowlers will not get much help from the surface and will have to depend on length and speed variations here. The average first innings score in the 3 T20Is played here is a massive 183 runs.
Out of three T20Is, two have been won by the chasing team. India chased down 202 against Australia back in 2013 and successfully chased 154 against Bangladesh in 2019, with more than four overs to spare. So, expect both team captains to chase upon winning the toss.
Top Fantasy Picks for IND vs SA 4th T20 Match
- I. Kishan has continued his good form in the series with his second fifty in 3 matches (54 runs off 35 balls). He is the leading run scorer of the series, with 164 runs at a strike rate of 157.69 and is the highest-ranked Indian batter in the latest T20I rankings.
- R. Gaikwad showed glimpses of his immense potential in the 3rd T20 at Visakhapatnam. Playing his 6th T20I, he scored his maiden half-century (57 runs off 35 balls) and laid the foundation for Team India’s win. Expect him to continue the same form here.
- B. Kumar has arguably been the best bowler in this series, picking up a total of six wickets in three matches at an average of 12.83 and a brilliant economy rate of 6.41. He has the best figures of 4/13, which was incidentally in a losing cause.
- Q. de Kock has been a big miss for South Africa in the last 2 matches. He was in good form in the Indian T20 League 2002, scoring more than 500 runs and also has a good record in India (306 runs in 7 matches with 3 fifties).
- R. van der Dussen has been quiet since his 75-run knock in the first match of the series. He has a brilliant record in T20Is, an average of 38.84 and a strike rate of 131.16 after 37 matches. Given his ability against both pace and spin, Rassie should be a good addition to your fantasy team.
- K. Rabada has been South Africa's best bowler in the series, taking two wickets at an economy rate of 6.75. He has good success in subcontinent conditions but so far has been mostly used in the containing role in the 3 watches. Rabada has 51 T20I wickets in 43 matches, 11 of which have come in India.
Key Stats for IND vs SA Fantasy Cricket
|Player||Stats (This Series)||Howzat Fantasy Points|
|I. Kishan (WK)||164 runs||250 points|
|H. Klassen (WK)||110 runs||162 points|
|R. Gaikwad (BAT)||81 runs||134 points|
|D. Pretorius (ALL)||53 runs and 4 wickets||187 points|
|B. Kumar (BOWL)||6 wickets||208 points|
Suggested Howzat Team for India vs South Africa Fantasy Cricket
- Wicketkeepers: H. Klassen, I. Kishan, Q. de Kock
- Batters: R. Gaikwad, S. Iyer, R. van der Dussen
- All-rounders: H. Pandya, D. Pretorius
- Bowlers: B. Kumar, Y. Chahal, A. Nortje
- Captain: I. Kishan/R. van der Dussen
- Vice Captain: Q. de Kock/D. Pretorius
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the South Africa Tour of India 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download one of the favorite fantasy cricket app and select your own team, Howzat!