MUMBAI VS. DELHI: INDIAN T20 LEAGUE 2022, TODAY’S MATCH PREDICTION, FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
This Indian T20 League match pits 2 sides that have gone in very different directions since Mumbai clinched a 5-wicket win in the 2020 final. Mumbai failed to make the playoffs while defending the title in 2021, and will almost certainly finish rock-bottom this season. Delhi made the playoffs again in 2021, and victory in this contest will give them a spot in this season’s eliminator.
Mumbai are actually enjoying a decent spell after starting the season with 8 straight defeats. But if this season has shown anything, it’s how confused their auction strategy was. J. Archer has missed the entire campaign, K. Pollard looks well past his best, and other big-name players have underperformed in a big way. The bowling, so often their strength, hasn’t clicked, and no batter has crossed even 400 runs.
Delhi’s campaign has been marked by inconsistency. Victory against Punjab in their last game was the first time they had managed back-to-back wins this season. M. Marsh finally seems to be approaching his best form, and D. Warner is having a fine season. P. Shaw is recovering from typhoid, and the onus is really on Delhi’s bowlers to take them through. K. Yadav and K. Ahmed have both enjoyed excellent seasons, and A. Nortje is finding his rhythm after a year of injuries.
R. Pant hasn’t always shown fantasy cricket form with the bat, but his captaincy could well lead Delhi into the playoffs for a 4th straight season. The equation is simple: win, and they’re through. Lose, and Bangalore take their place in the final 4.
- Match: Mumbai vs. Delhi, Match 69
- Venue: Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai
- Date & Time: May 21, 2022, at 7:30 PM IST
Mumbai vs. Delhi Match 69 Probable Playing XIs
R. Sharma (C), I. Kishan (WK), T. Varma, D. Brevis, R. Singh, T. David, D. Sams, H. Shokeen, M. Markande, J. Bumrah, R. Meredith
P. Shaw, D. Warner, M. Marsh, R. Pant (C & WK), S. Khan, R. Powell, A. Patel, S. Thakur, K. Yadav, A. Nortje, K. Ahmed
Delhi vs Mumbai HEAD-TO-HEAD RECORD
|Matches||Mumbai Wins||Delhi Wins||Tie/NR|
|Indian T20 League||16||15||0|
|Last 5 Matches||2||3||0|
It’s peak summer in Mumbai, but the players should be greeted by a temperature of around 31°C when play starts in the evening.
Pitch Report For Mumbai vs. Delhi Match
The pitches at the Wankhede have been hard to predict. Batting has not been on this surface as the bowlers have done well in the last two matches. The bowlers will get assistance with the new ball. The lowest total defended has been 165 runs, and scores in excess of 190 have been chased down twice.
The side chasing has won 11 of 19 matches here including 3 of the last 4, though high scores have usually been hard to hunt down. Expect the captain winning the toss to field first.
TOP FANTASY PICKS For Mumbai vs. Delhi Match
- T. Varma tops the run charts for Mumbai with his 376 runs coming at a strike-rate of 131.46. As the team looks back on a second successive season without making the playoffs, his displays have been one of the few consolations.
- T. David sat out most of the early games, but has shown glimpses of his awesome hitting power since. His 152 runs have come at an incredible strike-rate of 202.66.
- J. Bumrah has had a modest season by his standards, but even that has been far better than most of his teammates. He has taken 12 wickets at an economy rate of 7.25.
- D. Warner had a rough parting of ways with a Hyderabad team that he won 3 Orange Caps with. But this season, he has been back to something like his best, with 5 half-centuries in 11 innings. The 427 runs have also come at an excellent strike-rate of 151.95.
- M. Marsh contracted Covid and made next to no impact in his first 5 outings. Since then, he has shown why he was one of Australia’s stars when they won the T20 World Cup in 2021. He has 251 runs at a strike-rate of 133.51, and has chipped in with 4 wickets as well.
- K. Yadav has revitalised his career after moving from Kolkata to Delhi. There have been 2 4-wicket hauls and his 20 wickets have come along with an economy rate of 8.45.
Mumbai vs. Delhi Match HOWZAT DREAM TEAM
- Wicketkeepers: I. Kishan, R. Pant
- Batters: T. Varma, D. Warner, T. David
- All-rounders: M. Marsh, A. Patel, D. Sams
- Bowlers: K. Yadav, J. Bumrah, S. Thakur
- Captain: D. Warner/M. Marsh
- Vice Captain: J. Bumrah/K. Yadav
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the Indian T20 League 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download the favorite fantasy cricket app and select your own team, Howzat!