PAKISTAN VS. ZIMBABWE: ZIMBABWE’S TOUR OF PAK 2020, 2nd T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Just like the format, the games are also coming fast. In less than 24 hrs after the first T20, Pakistan meets Zimbabwe in the second T20 in Rawalpindi on Sunday.
Pakistan’s players have been playing T20 cricket for a while now. With the series against England and the recently concluded National T20 Cup, the experience of playing in the format grows. Over the four matches, they now know that Zimbabwe will not be pushovers, and will have to play good quality of cricket to beat them.
S Afridi and I Wasim were rested for the first T20 and might be back in the playing XI in this match. The team will like to see youngsters like H Ali, U Qadir, and M Hasnain play significant roles in the upcoming games.
Zimbabwe has batted well on the tour so far. B Taylor, S Williams, and W Madhevere have done the bulk of the scoring for them. With long time servant of the team E Chigumbura announcing his retirement after playing this series, expect a few fireworks from his bat as well.
R Ngarava and B Muzarabani bowled well in the first T20 with T Chatara and T Chisoro providing support. The bowling attack would need a little more from the batsmen in this game.
Can Zimbabwe extend the series to the final game or will Pakistan wrap up the series in this game only?
- Match: Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe, 2nd T20
- Venue: Pindi Cricket Stadium, Rawalpindi
- Date & Time: Nov. 8, 2020, at 4 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
F Zaman, B Azam (C), H Ali, M Hafeez, M Rizwan (WK), K Shah, F Ashraf, M Hasnain, H Rauf, M Hasnain, U Qadir
B Taylor (WK), C Chibhabha (C), S Williams, W Madhevere, S Raza, E Chigumbura, R Burl, R Ngarava, T Chisoro, B Muzarabani, T Chatara
The pitch at the Pindi Cricket Stadium is a decent one to bat on. Zimbabwe scored 156 batting first which was a little less than the par score suggested here.
The quicker bowlers will get some assistance as well as the spinners in the middle overs. Also, there is good value for the shots as the outfield is quick.
The weather is clear for this with temperatures in the mid-20s. With this being an afternoon start, chances of dew are very less as evident from the first game. The ball comes on nicely under the lights and a score of 170-180 could be a challenging one to chase down.
- After missing out in the first ODI B Azam has made the most out of his time at the crease. He has scores of 77, 125*, and 82 in the last three games.
- H Ali is an exciting new talent with the bat for Pakistan. Although he has played only two T20Is, one of the innings has been 54 of 33 balls against England in his debut game.
- M Hasnain has a good T20 record to his name. In 42 matches, he has picked up 59 wickets at an average of 23.5. In the third ODI in this series, he picked up a career-best 5 for 26.
- W Madhevere has been brilliant with the bat in his short international career. He has scored two fifties in the four innings on this tour. Expect him to play a key role in this game.
- B Taylor has scores of 112, 36, 56, and 20 in the four matches. He is opening in the T20s and has the best opportunity to score some big runs.
- B Muzarabani has picked up 9 wickets in the four matches in this series. He has been economical and looks good to pick a few more wickets here.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: B Taylor
- Batsmen: B Azam, H Ali, E Chigumbura
- All-rounders: M Hafeez, S Williams, W Madhevere
- Bowlers: M Hasnain, S Afridi, U Qadir, B Muzarabani
- Captain: B Taylor/H Ali
- Vice Captain: W Madhevere/S Afridi
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.