SRI LANKA VS. AUSTRALIA: 3rd ODI, MATCH PREVIEW, TOP PICKS AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Australia go to Colombo from Pallekele knowing that they should really have been 2-0 up instead of all square at 1-1 in this 5-match series. Losing their last 5 wickets for 19 runs in a low-scoring game was in keeping with a string of such collapses in Asia over the past decade. To make things worse, it wasn’t so much spin as the medium pace of Chamika Karunaratne that wrecked the second half of their innings.
Injuries continue to take a toll on the touring squad. Marcus Stoinis has been ruled out of the series with a side strain, and a similar injury will keep Ashton Agar out of the 50-overs matches as well. Australia were already without Mitchell Marsh, who has a calf strain, and Mitchell Starc, who cut his finger during the T20I series.
Sri Lanka won game 2 without Wanindu Hasaranga, their frontline spin-bowling all-rounder. It remains to be seen if his groin strain heals quickly enough to take part in the remaining ODIs.
The Premadasa is built on what was once a swamp, and has usually been a hard surface to bat on. Conditions have eased in recent seasons, but Australia will need to show much more patience than they did while tumbling to defeat in the last game.
- Match: Sri Lanka vs Australia, 3rd ODI
- Venue: R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
- Date & Time: June 19, 2022, at 2.30 PM IST
- Live Streaming: Sony Six Channel and Sony LIV app
SL vs AUS 3rd ODI Probable Playing XIs
Sri Lanka Team
P. Nissanka, N. Dickwella (WK), K. Mendis, C. Asalanka, D. de Silva, D. Shanaka (C), C. Karunaratne, D. Wellalage, D. Chameera, J. Vandersay, M. Theekshana
Sri Lanka vs Australia Head-to-Head ODI Record
|Sri Lanka Won||Australia Won||Tied/NR|
|In Sri Lanka||15||14||3|
|Last 10 Matches||3||7||0|
The series has moved venue from Pallekele to Colombo, but the main challenge for the players will once again be the extreme humidity. The temperature will be around 29 °C at the start of play, and there is a possibility of storms later in the evening.
SL vs AUS 3rd ODI Pitch Report
In the 6 matches played at the Premadasa Stadium this decade, the run-rate of 5.49 is far higher than it has been historically. The average batting score in the last 6 ODIs is 258 runs. Sri Lanka have a superb win-loss record of 72-38 here.
Traditionally, this has been a venue where you put a total on the board and then choke off the runs. Teams batting first have won 74 games, while there have been 53 successful chases.
Top Fantasy Picks for SL vs Aus 3rd ODI Match
- K. Mendis is one of the veterans of this Sri Lankan side. His 2419 ODI runs, including 2 centuries, have come at a strike-rate of 84.43. He is the top run-scorer of the series with 122 runs in 2 matches at a solid strike rate of 95.31.
- D. Wellange has made an instant impact since his debut in the 1st ODI. He has picked up wickets at crucial moments in both matches. He is the joint-highest wicket-taker of the series with four wickets and has also scored 20 runs with the bat in the last match.
- C. Karunaratne made a difference with his medium pace in the last game, with his 3 wickets including the scalps of Steven Smith and Glenn Maxwell. Also, he is capable of whacking the ball lower down the order.
- M. Labuschagne is a good player of spin and has a decent ODI career so far. He has scored 603 runs in 18 matches at an average of 35.47 and a strike rate of 89.46. Marnus has scored 42 runs and picked up 2 wickets in the 2 matches played.
- G. Maxwell took 2-35 with the ball, and then smashed a 25-ball 30, but it still wasn’t enough to swing the 3rd ODI Australia’s way. He has scored 110 runs in 3 matches at a strike rate of 144.73.
- P. Cummins figures of 4-35 in the last game suggests his rhythm is back after the small break in competitive cricket. But Australia’s selectors want to carefully manage the workload on, especially with a Test series starting later this month.
Key Stats for SL vs Aus Fantasy Cricket
|Player||Stats (This Series)||Howzat Fantasy Points|
|K. Mendis (WK)||122 runs||162 points|
|M. Labuschagne (BAT)||42 runs and 2 wickets||101 points|
|W. Hasaranga (ALL)||37 runs and 4 wickets||175 points|
|G. Maxwell (ALL)||110 runs and 2 wickets||229 points|
|P. Cummins (BOWL)||4 wickets||139 points|
Suggested Howzat Team for Sri Lanka vs Australia Fantasy Cricket
- Wicketkeepers: K. Mendis, A. Carey
- Batters: P. Nissanka, D. Warner, M. Labuschagne
- All-rounders: G. Maxwell, D. Wellange, C. Karunaratne
- Bowlers: J. Hazlewood, D. Chameera, M. Kunhemann
- Captain: M. Labuschagne/G. Maxwell
- Vice Captain: K. Mendis/D. Wellalage
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the Australia Tour of Sri Lanka 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download one of the favorite fantasy apps and select your own team, Howzat!