SRI LANKA VS. AUSTRALIA: 4th ODI, MATCH PREVIEW, TOP PICKS AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Sri Lanka and Australia take on each other in the 4th match of the 5-match ODI series at the R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo on Tuesday afternoon. Sri Lanka lead the series by a margin of 2-1.
The hosts lost the first ODI but bounced back to win the last two matches. Inspired by the bowling performance in the 2nd ODI, the Sri Lankan batters took the spotlight in the 3rd match. Chasing a big total of 291 runs, P. Nissanka and K. Mendis were impressive with the bat and chased down the score easily. J Vandersay was the pick of the bowlers in the first innings.
On the other hand, Australia have failed to fire as a unit and need a big team performance to keep the series alive. Batting first, the visitors posted a big total on the board, with solid contributions from skipper A. Finch (62 runs) and T Head (70 runs). In the second innings, the bowlers were not effective with J. Richardson taking 2 wickets toward the end.
It will be interesting to see whether Sri Lanka can continue the momentum here and win their first home series against Australia since 1992 or the visitors can level things and go to the decider on Friday.
- Match: Sri Lanka vs Australia, 4th ODI
- Venue: R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
- Date & Time: June 21, 2022, at 2.30 PM IST
- Live Streaming: Sony Six Channel and Sony LIV app
SL vs AUS 4th ODI Probable Playing XIs
Sri Lanka Team
P. Nissanka, N. Dickwella (WK), K. Mendis, C. Asalanka, D. de Silva, D. Shanaka (C), C. Karunaratne, W. Hasaranga, D. Wellalage, J. Vandersay, M. Theekshana
Sri Lanka vs Australia Head-to-Head ODI Record
|Sri Lanka Won||Australia Won||Tied/NR|
|In Sri Lanka||17||14||3|
|Last 10 Matches||3||7||0|
The weather forecast for the match is clear in Colombo, but thunderstorms later in the evening remains a possibility. The temperature will be around 30°C at the start of play.
SL vs AUS 4th ODI Pitch Report
Historically the surface at the Premadasa Stadium gets tough to bat on as the match progresses. It was not the case in the previous match, though, as the ball came onto the bat nicely under lights. In the 6 matches played at the Premadasa Stadium in 2021, the run rate of 5.49 is far higher than it has been historically. Sri Lanka have a superb win-loss record of 72-38 here.
With dew playing a role during the run chase in the 2nd ODI, expect the captain winning the toss to elect to chase. Teams batting first have won 74 games, while there have been 54 successful chases.
Top Fantasy Picks for SL vs Aus 4th ODI Match
- P. Nissanka played a brilliant knock to help his side win the third ODI. He was on the attack right from the start of the innings and played some beautiful strokes. He scored 137 runs (his first ODI century) and hit 11 fours and two sixes in his innings.
- K. Mendis retired hurt in the last match after making his highest score of the series (87 runs off 85 balls). This was his second fifty in 3 matches. He made 86* in the first ODI. Mendis is the top run-scorer of the series with 209 runs in 3 matches at a strike rate of 98.12.
- J. Vandersay was terrific and got the most out of the Premadasa surface in the last fixture. He troubled the Australian batters with his spin and finished with figures of 3/49 in his 10 overs.
- A. Finch has rediscovered his lost touch with the bat after struggling for runs in recent times. He has scored 120 runs in the first three matches of the series with a high score of 62 in the last match. Finch will be looking to contribute more with the bat in the fourth ODI.
- G. Maxwell continues to do well in his latest role as the finisher in the ODI format. He scored 33 runs and took 1 wicket in the 3rd ODI. Maxwell has scored 143 runs in 3 matches at a strike rate of 152.13 and picked up three wickets as well.
- J. Richardson was the only Australian bowler to give away less than 6 runs an over in the 3rd ODI. He had figures of 2-39 in his 9 overs. In the 2 matches played here on this tour, Jhye has already taken 5 wickets.
Key Stats for SL vs Aus 4th ODI Match
|Player||Stats (This Series)||Howzat Fantasy Points|
|K. Mendis (WK)||209 runs||275 points|
|P. Nissanka (BAT)||207 runs||257 points|
|A. Finch (BAT)||120 runs||169 points|
|G. Maxwell (ALL)||143 runs and 3 wickets||304 points|
|P. Cummins (BOWL)||4 wickets||139 points|
Suggested Howzat Team for Sri Lanka vs Australia Fantasy Cricket
- Wicketkeepers: K. Mendis
- Batters: P. Nissanka, A. Finch, D. Warner, T. Head
- All-rounders: G. Maxwell, D. Wellalage, D. de Silva
- Bowlers: J. Vandersay, J. Richardson, M. Starc
- Captain: D. Warner/G. Maxwell
- Vice Captain: K. Mendis/D. de Silva
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy match prediction and play all the fantasy cricket matches of the Australia Tour of Sri Lanka 2022. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team playing.
Download one of the favorite fantasy apps and select your own team, Howzat!