SYDNEY T VS. MELBOURNE S: WOMEN’S T20 BASH, MATCH 36 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Match 36 of the Women’s T20 Bash 2020 sees a top-of-the-table clash as Sydney T Women take on Melbourne S Women at the Sydney Showground Stadium in Sydney on Saturday evening.
Sydney T Women have emerged as one of the strongest teams from the first half of the tournament. They have won four of the last six games and sit in second place in the points table with ten points. A win here will take them within one point of their opponents at the top of the table.
Their opponents, Melbourne S Women, have had their best start to the league. With five consecutive wins and thirteen points, they sit in first place in the points table. This is their best chance to qualify for the semi-finals for the first time in six seasons.
The earlier game between these two sides was washed out. Only four overs in the first innings had been bowled when rain stopped play. Both teams received one point each.
With lots of superstars present on both sides, this will be an entertaining contest, which will end the ninth round of matches in the league.
- Match: Sydney T vs. Melbourne S, Match 36
- Venue: Sydney Showground Stadium, Sydney
- Date & Time: Nov. 14, 2020 at 1.35 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
Sydney T Women
R Haynes (C), T Beaumont, H Knight, P Litchfield, H Darlington, R Trenaman, T Wilson (WK), S Jo-Johnson, S Ismail, S Bates, L Smith
Melbourne S Women
M Lanning (C), E Villani, M du Preez, N Sciver, A Sutherland, A Lanning, K Brunt, T Flintoff, N Faltum (wk), S Day, A King
Weather & Pitch Report
There are no chances of rain during the match on Saturday. The temperature will be in the low 20s during the evening.
Five matches have been played at this venue so far. Only one match was fully completed without any rain delays. The first innings score was 190 in that. Two matches had no result and two were rain-curtailed. Usually the pitch at the Sydney Showground Stadium is on the slower side, with more assistance for spinners.
This will be the first rain-free weekend at the venue. The wicket might be fresh and a little bit of moisture can be extracted by the bowlers. The captain winning the toss will probably look to bowl first.
- H Knight is a match-winner for Sydney T. She is the second-highest run-getter of the tournament, with 251 runs in eight matches, and has taken 8 wickets as well.
- R Trenaman has scored 117 runs in seven innings including several useful 20s and 30s. She can be expected to score runs with the bat in this match.
- S Jo-Johnson has dismissed 9 batters in the tournament so far at an economy rate of just 7.6. She has scored 45 runs with the bat. She is a powerful striker of the ball down the order.
- Captain M Lanning is the top run-scorer of the tournament for Melbourne S, with 248 runs in six innings. She has scored four fifties so far at an average of 62.
- M du Preez scored her first fifty of the season against Adelaide S Women in her last game. Thanks to her 61* from 51 balls, it was a comfortable chase for the team.
- N Sciver looks to be in great touch with the ball in hand and is the highest wicket-taker in this tournament so far. She has taken 12 wickets in seven matches at a bowling average of 9.16. Her best figures are 4 for 29 runs in her last game.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: N Faltum
- Batters: M Lanning, M du Preez, R Trenaman, P Litchfield
- All-rounders: H Knight, S Jo-Johnson, N Sciver
- Bowlers: L Smith, S Day, T Flintoff
- Captain: N Sciver/ M Lanning
- Vice Captain: H Knight /S Jo-Johnson
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.