SYDNEY T VS. PERTH S: AUSTRALIA T20 LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 24 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 11 AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Sydney T take on Perth S in Match 24 of the Australia T20 League 2021-22 at the Manuka Oval in Canberra on Tuesday evening.
Sydney T have been on a roller coaster ride this season, with 2 wins and 3 losses in their 5 matches so far. They are currently placed 5th in the points table with 9 points. The team lost to city rivals Sydney S by 30 runs in the last match and will look to put in consistent performances if they want to finish in the top 4.
On the other hand, Perth S are in unbelievable form, having won all their 6 matches played so far. The batters are scoring freely and the bowlers are taking wickets regularly. There is hardly a weak link in this Perth unit. It will be a tough task for Sydney to get a win against them here.
- Game: Sydney T vs. Perth S, Match 24
- Venue: Manuka Oval, Canberra
- Date & Time: Dec. 28, 2021, at 1:45 PM IST/7:15 PM Local
Probable Playing XI
Alex Hales, Matthew Gilkes, Jason Sangha, Sam Billings (WK), Alex Ross, Ben Cutting, Daniel Sams, Chris Green (C), Tanveer Sangha, Nathan McAndrew, Saqib Mahmood
Cameron Bancroft, Josh Inglis (WK), Mitchell Marsh, Colin Munro, Ashton Turner (C), Laurie Evans, Ashton Agar, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Peter Hatzoglou, Tymal Mills
The temperature should be around 15 degrees when the game starts, with clear skies and sunny weather.
The surface at the Manuka Oval has been a good one for batting, with plenty of big scores coming in the last season. There is more help for pacers here than spinners. The venue has hosted only one game in this year’s tournament. The average first-innings score in the last five matches played on this ground was 168.
The team bowling first has managed to win 10 games out of the last 14 T20s played here last season. A first-innings score of around 180 runs can be pretty competitive on this ground.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Cameron Bancroft has given a steady performance in all the four games he has played so far. Opening the batting, he has made 117 runs at a decent strike rate of 119.38 and the best score of 45. He will look to make his first half century of the tournament here.
- Jason Sangha had batted well in the last two games. Coming in at No. 3, he scored 39 against Brisbane H and 47 against Sydney S at a good strike rate of 148.27. Expect him to continue his good form and score more runs here.
- Mitchell Marsh has been in outstanding form since his first ball in the tournament. Continuing his T20 World Cup form here, he has scored 249 runs in just four matches at an unbelievable average of 124.5 and strike rate of 149.1. Moreover, he has picked up 2 wickets too.
- Saqib Mahmood has been good with the ball for Sydney T, taking 5 wickets in the two matches played at an economy rate of 8.57 and best figures of 4 for 22. He went for quite a few runs in the last match against Sydney S, but will look to bounce back here.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: Cameron Bancroft, Josh Inglis
- Batters: Alex Hales, Alex Ross, Jason Sangha
- All-rounders: Mitchell Marsh, Ashton Agar, Daniel Sams
- Bowlers: Andrew Tye, Tymal Mills, Saqib Mahmood
- Captain: Alex Hales/Mitchell Marsh
- Vice Captain: Ashton Agar/Daniel Sams
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy cricket match prediction and play all the upcoming matches of India from the tour of South Africa. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!