MULTAN SULTANS VS. PESHAWAR ZALMI: PAK T20 LEAGUE 2021, MATCH 5 | PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the fifth match of the Pak T20 League 2021, Multan Sultans take on Peshawar Zalmi at the National Stadium in Karachi on Tuesday evening.
Multan Sultans looked all set for a victory in the opening game against Islamabad United before L Gregory snatched it away from them in the final overs. The last season’s table toppers will be looking for a better result here.
M Rizwan continued his good form and held the innings together for the Sultans with a crafty 71-run knock. J Vince and R Rossouw also chipped in with small cameos. C Brathwaite showed his quality with an all-round performance. S Afridi was impressive with the ball.
Peshawar Zalmi were pretty poor overall in their first game as they lost out to Lahore Qalandars by 4 wickets. They will hope to perform better this time around.
The experienced pair of S Malik and R Bopara did the bulk of the scoring along with S Rutherford. A Butt contributed in both the departments for the team. W Riaz and S Mahmood were good with the ball, taking 4 for 52 between them. The team needs the others to raise their game in this match.
With both teams looking for their first win in the season, we should be in for a cracking game of T20 cricket in the Pak T20 League 2021 on Tuesday.
- Match: Multan Sultans vs. Peshawar Zalmi, Match 5
- Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
- Date & Time: Feb. 23, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
M Rizwan (C & WK), C Lynn, J Vince, R Rossouw, S Maqsood, K Shah, C Braithwaite, S Afridi, S Tanvir, M Umar, Sohaibullah
Imam-ul-Haq, K Akmal (WK), H Ali, S Malik, R Bopara, S Rutherford, A Butt, W Riaz (C), S Mahmood, M Ur Rahman, M Imran
Pitch & Weather Report
The weather is expected to be clear in Karachi during the match. The temperature will be around 23 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the National Stadium is a good bowling wicket, with true bounce and pace on offer. The batsmen will have to be patient and build their innings slowly. The pacers will get ample swing with the new ball. Spinners should also get some turn in the middle overs. The average score in the three T20 games played here so far in the season has been 137 runs.
The chasing team has won all the games played here so far. With this game being an evening fixture, the captain winning the toss is expected to opt to bowl first. A score of around 160 runs should be a competitive one here.
- M Rizwan started from where he left off in the series against South Africa. He scored a brilliant 71 runs off 53 balls, including 8 fours and 2 sixes. He will look to score big in this match as well.
- J Vince was dismissed for a low score for the first time in three innings. He is a very mature player and has all the shots in the book. He will look to score big for the Sultans in this game.
- S Afridi was impressive in the last game, taking 2 for 24 including the big wicket of A Hales. He will look to dominate in the middle overs with his economical bowling and wicket-taking ability.
- S Malik looked good in his 26-run knock in the last game for the Zalmi. He has played over 400 T20 games and knows how to score big runs in this format. With the team’s top order out of form, he will be a key player for the Zalmi in this match.
- R Bopara scored the only half century of the last game, making 50 runs off 44 balls. He has a lot of experience in this format and will look to capitalize on his good form from the last game.
- W Riaz did all he could to win the game for his team in the last game. He took 2 for 30 and bowled good opening and middle-over spells. Expect him to take wickets in this match too.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: M Rizwan
- Batsmen: J Vince, S Maqsood, H Ali
- All-rounders: S Afridi, C Brathwaite, S Malik, R Bopara
- Bowlers: S Tanvir, M Ur Rahman, W Riaz
- Captain: M Rizwan/J Vince
- Vice Captain: S Malik/R Bopara
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and win cash prize. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!