NEW ZEALAND VS. AUSTRALIA: AUS’S TOUR OF NZ 2021, 1st T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
New Zealand take on Australia in the first T20I of the 5-match series at the Hagley Oval in Christchurch on Monday evening. It will be the first international game under the lights at this venue.
The Trans-Tasman rivalry is one of the longest rivalries in Oceania and both teams will look to put up a strong performance ahead of the T20I World Cup later this year. All eyes will be on the newly-made millionaires: G Maxwell, J Richardson, and K Jamieson.
K Williamson will lead the New Zealand side, with T Seifert and F Allen opening the batting innings. D Conway and G Phillips bring firepower to the middle order. All-rounders J Neesham and M Santner add great depth to both the bowling and batting departments. The pace trio of T Southee, T Boult and K Jamieson will be looking to perform well in their home conditions. I Sodhi will lead the spin attack alongside M Santner.
For Australia, skipper A Finch and M Wade will be opening with the bat. M Stoinis, G Maxwell, M Marsh, and A Turner are expected to make up the middle order. K Richardson and A Tye are expected to lead the pace attack, along with J Richardson. A Zampa and A Agar will come in as the spinners in the playing XI.
With both teams narrowing down to their best combinations in the T20s, expect a thrilling clash to start this much-awaited series at the Hagley Oval.
- Match: New Zealand vs. Australia, 1st T20
- Venue: Hagley Oval, Christchurch
- Date & Time: Feb. 22, 2021, at 11.30 AM IST
Probable Playing XI
T Seifert (WK), F Allen, K Williamson (C), D Conway, G Phillips, J Neesham, M Santner, K Jamieson, T Southee, I Sodhi, T Boult
A Finch (C), M Wade (wk), J Philippe, M Stoinis, G Maxwell, M Marsh, A Agar, J Richardson, K Richardson, A Tye, A Zampa
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather in Christchurch is going to be partly cloudy, with the temperature expected to be around 18 degrees during the game. Expect a full match with no rain interruptions.
Hagley Oval is one of the most lively pitches in the country, which provide equal support to both batsmen and bowlers. Fast bowlers will get early movement and good bounce, while spinners will enjoy the bowling conditions as the match progresses. The average scored in the last five T20 games played here is 161 runs.
The chasing teams have won the last three matches played at this venue. Expect the captain winning the toss to opt to chase.
- K Williamson has been in brilliant form this home season. He has seven 50+ scores in his last nine innings (including a century and 2 double centuries) across all formats of the game. He is coming here after scoring 79* and 34* in his last two domestic T20 matches.
- F Allen is the breakout star from the recently-concluded domestic T20 competition, scoring 512 runs in 11 matches at an average of 56 and a strike rate of 193. He will be looking to perform well against a strong team like Australia.
- K Jamieson was one of the hot picks in the recent IPL auction. He was in superb form against Pakistan and the West Indies earlier in the summer. He is earmarked as a big player for the future and expected to establish himself in this series with some superb bowling performances.
- M Stoinis scored close to 400 runs in the Aus T20 League, his highest score being 97*. He has also started bowling and can take wickets in the middle overs. Expect him to play an all-round role in this opening match.
- M Wade has three 50+ plus scores in his last five T20 matches. He scores at a quick pace and can take the game away from the opposition in just a few minutes. Expect him to make a big score in this match at the top of the order.
- A Zampa has been good with the ball in the recently-concluded Aus T20 League, taking 19 wickets in 12 matches. He will be the strike bowler for his team in this series and is expected to provide breakthroughs at crucial moments.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: M Wade
- Batsmen: F Allen, K Williamson, D Conway, M Stoinis, M Marsh
- All-rounder: J Neesham
- Bowlers: K Jamieson, T Southee, J Richardson, A Zampa
- Captain: K Williamson/D Conway
- Vice Captain: J Richardson/M Stoinis
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play real cricket online game. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!