NEW ZEALAND VS. WEST INDIES: WI’S TOUR OF NZ 2020, 3rd T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Hosts New Zealand will take on the West Indies in the 3rd T20I match at the beautiful Bay Oval in Mount Maunganui on Monday evening.
New Zealand have sealed the series with two dominating wins in the first two T20I matches of the series. They will miss the services of captain T Southee, R Taylor, and K Jamieson in this game as the three players leave to prepare for the upcoming Test series. M Santner will captain the side in absence of T Southee.
New Zealand scored a massive 238 runs in the second game. G Philips scored his maiden century (fastest for a Kiwi batsman) and shared a massive 184-run partnership with D Conway (65 runs). Kyle Jamieson, Ish Sodhi, and Lockie Ferguson were excellent with the ball with combined figures of 12-0-63-4.
The West Indies will be disappointed with their losses in the first 2 matches and will look for a consolation win in the last T20I going into the Tests. The batsmen were staring at a monumental task of chasing a massive 239 runs, but they fell short by 72 runs.
A Fletcher, K Mayers, S Hetmyer, K Pollard, and K Paul scored 20+ cameos each but everyone succumbed to the scoring pressure and no one could score big. All the bowlers used by the West Indies gave away runs at more than 10 runs per over.
Despite this game being a dead rubber, we can expect a cracking contest between the two teams to end the T20 series.
- Match: New Zealand vs. West Indies, 3rd T20
- Venue: Bay Oval, Mount Maunganui
- Date & Time: Nov. 30, 2020, at 11.30 AM IST
Probable Playing XI
T Seifert (WK), M Guptill, D Conway, G Phillips, M Chapman, J Neesham, M Santner (C), S Kuggeleijn, D Bracewell, L Ferguson, I Sodhi
A Fletcher, B King, S Hetmyer, N Pooran (WK), K Mayers, K Pollard (C), F Allen, S Cottrell, R Shepherd, H Walsh, O Thomas
Weather and Pitch Report
There are 70% chances of rain at the Bay Oval according to a weather forecast. Expect a few interruptions causing slight delays in the game.
The Bay Oval pitch was as flat as a highway in the last match, and the New Zealand batsmen took full advantage of that. Expect yet another run feast, with 200+ runs being a strong possibility. Going by the venue statistics, the captain winning the toss will choose to bat first.
- G Philips has 130 runs from 2 matches at a strike rate of 225. He scored the fastest century in T20Is for New Zealand in the second match. He has hit 11 fours and 11 sixes in this series so far.
- D Conway has been in great form with the bat in the series and scored 106 runs at a strike rate of over 160.
- L Ferguson has troubled the West Indies batting unit with his raw pace. He has picked up 6 wickets with a brilliant economy rate of just over 5 runs per over.
- K Pollard has scores of 75 and 28 in the 2 matches at a strike rate of 200. He has smashed 12 sixes in the two matches so far. He has also picked up a wicket each match.
- A Fletcher put the Kiwi bowlers under pressure from the first ball he faced and scored 34 runs off just 14 balls with three fours and three sixes in the first game. In the second match, he scored a decent 20.
- O Thomas has picked up 3 wickets in the 2 matches but he is going for nearly 10 runs per over so far. He bowled in good areas but the consistency was missing.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: G Phillips, A Fletcher
- Batsmen: M Guptill, D Conway, K Mayers
- All-rounders: K Pollard, F Allen
- Bowlers: L Ferguson, I Sodhi, S Kuggeleijn, O Thomas
- Captain: M Guptill/I Sodhi
- Vice Captain: K Pollard/A Fletcher
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play real cricket online matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!