PAKISTAN VS. SOUTH AFRICA: SA’S TOUR OF PAK 2021, 2nd T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Hosts Pakistan take on South Africa in the second T20 of the 3-match series at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore on Saturday evening.
South Africa played well in parts but were not good enough to clinch a victory in the first T20I. They will need to hold their nerves and perform well here to stay alive in this T20I series. Meanwhile, Pakistan did things a little better than the visitors and will look to seal the T20I series with a win here.
M Rizwan scored his maiden T20I century to lead Pakistan’s batting efforts almost single-handedly. He scored more than half the runs of the team’s total. B Azam, H Ali, and H Talat have to put up a much better batting effort in this match. Spinners U Qadir and M Nawaz bowled with excellent control and accuracy, and restricted the opposition from scoring in the middle overs. The pacers were taken for a lot of runs in the last game and need to come back strongly here.
South Africa’s openers J Malan and R Hendricks put up a superb 54-run opening partnership to lead the team’s chase. All-rounders D Pretorius, A Phehlukwayo, and B Fortuin also contributed with a few lusty blows at the end but the team fell short by 3 runs. A better batting effort from the experienced middle-order could have made the difference for South Africa. Phehlukwayo, Shamsi, and Fortuin bowled well in patches and claimed crucial wickets, and restricted the run flow of Pakistan’s innings.
Given Pakistan’s form, it will take extra effort for South Africa to win the game and level the series. Nonetheless, expect an exciting and close game like the previous one at the Gaddafi Stadium in Lahore.
- Match: Pakistan vs. South Africa, 2nd T20
- Venue: Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore
- Date & Time: Feb. 13, 2021, at 6.30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
B Azam (C), M Rizwan (WK), Haider Ali, H Talat, K Shah, F Ashraf, I Ahmed, U Qadir, S Afridi, N Nawaz, H Rauf
R Hendricks, J Malan, JJ Smuts, H Klassen (C & WK), D Miller, A Phehlukwayo, D Pretorius, B Fortuin, L Sipamla, T Shamsi, G Stuurman
Weather and Pitch Report
Lahore is expected to have clear weather during the match. The temperature will be around 17 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the Gaddafi Stadium is expected to support both batsmen and bowlers. Batsmen will get good value for their shots. As seen in the last game, the pitch aided spinners more than pacers. The average first innings score in the last five T20I matches played here has been 158 runs.
Although the first match was won by the team batting first, the captain winning the toss is likely to bowl first since dew could be a factor as the match progresses. Any score around 170 will be a pretty competitive target on this surface.
- M Rizwan became the second player from Pakistan to score a T20I hundred. He continued his terrific form from the recent matches and scored centuries in two consecutive innings. Expect him to continue his brilliant form in this match too.
- B Azam had a disappointing game as a batsman in the last T20I, getting run out on the first bowl he faced. He has a very good record in T20s at this venue. He will be eager to score a big knock to make up for his average performance in the last few matches.
- U Qadir bowled superbly and started the fightback for Pakistan after the powerplay. He took 2 for 21 and looked very impressive with his line and variations. He will look to pick up wickets in this match too.
- R Hendricks’ half century powered South Africa on the correct track in the chase but his dismissal at the end saw them fall short of a victory. He scored 54 runs off 42 balls, with 8 boundaries. He will look to continue his brilliant form in this match.
- H Klassen had the opportunity to finish the game for the visitors but got dismissed for just 12 runs. He will most likely come up the batting order to control the innings better. Expect him to play a captain’s knock and lead from the front here.
- T Shamsi is the most experienced bowler in the squad. He enjoyed the spin-friendly conditions in the last game. Although he did not take many wickets, he was quite economical in the last game. Expect him to continue his good work with the ball in this game too.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: M Rizwan, H Klassen
- Batsmen: K Shah, B Azam, R Hendricks
- All-rounders: F Ashraf, JJ Smuts, D Pretorius
- Bowlers: S Afridi, U Qadir, T Shamsi
- Captain: JJ Smuts/H Klassen
- Vice Captain: B Azam/M Rizwan
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play real cricket online game. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!