Match 33 of the Indian T20 League 2020 has Rajasthan taking on Bangalore at the Dubai International Stadium on Saturday afternoon.
Bangalore is in the top half of the points table at the moment with five wins in eight matches. They seem to be on course for a playoff berth, but a few more wins are required to secure that.
Their long-running bowling woes seem to have been resolved for the time being, with C Morris and W Sundar starring with the ball in recent games. With De Villiers and V Kohli hitting their straps too, the team looks well-equipped to take on the challenges in the second half of the season.
Unlike Bangalore, Rajasthan have won just three games out of eight and sit in the bottom half of the points table. There was an outstanding bowling spell by J Archer but the batsmen could not capitalize on that and the team ended up on the losing side against Delhi.
B Stokes is slowly coming back to his prime form and will be hoping for some support from J Buttler and S Smith. These three have played many game-changing innings, and the team will hope to see one here too.
With two valuable points up for grabs, both teams should make their best efforts in what should be a cracking encounter at Dubai.
- Match: Rajasthan vs. Bangalore, Match 33
- Venue: Dubai International Stadium, Dubai
- Date & Time: Oct. 17, 2020, at 3.30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
J Buttler (WK), S Smith (C), S Samson, R Uthappa, B Stokes, R Parag, R Tewatia, S Gopal, J Archer, J Unadkat, K Tyagi
A Finch, D Padikkal, V Kohli (C), AB De Villiers (WK), S Dube, W Sundar, C Morris, I Udana, N Saini, Y Chahal, M Siraj
The pitches in the UAE are getting slower as more games are being played on them. The Dubai International Cricket Stadium is no exception.
Not much movement will be available in the initial overs for the pace bowlers. They will have to rely more on their lengths and variations. Cross-seam deliveries seem to be most effective as they grip the surface and are difficult to get away from.
With the game being an afternoon fixture, both teams would ideally want to bat first as the Dubai heat is bound to take a toll on the fielding side in the first innings.
Anything above 170 should be a competitive score, with the conditions unlikely to change much during the game.
- One fifty in seven matches for one of the best T20 batsmen is not good. Expect J Buttler to go big in this match.
- B Stokes scored 41 runs in the last match while opening and will be looking to go beyond that here.
- J Archer already has 12 wickets in the tournament with the best figures of 3 for 19 in the last game against Delhi. He will be relishing a match-up against Kohli and De Villiers.
- V Kolhi has more than 300 runs and is averaging over 60 in the tournament. His running between the wickets will play an important role at a big venue like this.
- Y Chahal is the leading wicket-taker for Bangalore this season. With the opposition batsmen more suited to play pace, his four overs will be crucial in the game.
- C Morris has bowled economically in the three innings so far and handled the death overs bowling duty well. He is also very handy with the bat.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: J Buttler, De Villiers
- Batsmen: R Pirag, V Kohli, D Padikkal
- All-rounders: C Morris, B Stokes, W Sundar
- Bowlers: J Archer, Y Chahal, J Unadkat
- Captain: V Kohli/ B Stokes
- Vice Captain: J Archer/Y Chahal
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team on the fantasy cricket app by using your knowledge. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the fantasy 11.