Unbeaten Rajasthan takes on a confident Kolkata team in match 12 at the Dubai International Stadium on Wednesday.
Rajasthan has played both their matches at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium till now and made more than 200 on both occasions, hitting 35 sixes combined. The change of venue is the thing that will be a point of strategy and discussion in the team.
With Smith opening and Samson in superb form, others were not needed much in Rajasthan’s last two games. Their chase against Punjab was the highest successful run chase in the history of the tournament, breaking their own record from 2008.
Their confidence will be high after the match. But certainly, the likes of Buttler and Uthappa will need to contribute sooner than later. Also, don’t forget Tewatia and his heroics in the last match. Sharjah has been a nightmare for the bowlers. Now with other venues, Curran and Archer will play important roles for Rajasthan.
Their opponents for this match, Kolkata, bounced back superbly to beat Hyderabad in their last match. They put up a solid bowling display to restrict Hyderabad to a modest total and had a comfortable run chase guided by highly rated S Gill.
Cummins was superb with the new ball, and V Chakravarthy, playing his first game for the team, supported him well. Russell also bowled a few overs, giving D Karthik more options going into the tournament.
In the 21 head-to-head encounters, it’s all even between the two sides, with each winning ten games and one game ending with no result. The last time they faced off against each other in the desert country, it was a very close game as Rajasthan won by boundary count in the super over. Kolkata has had the advantage in the recent matches, winning 4 of their last 5 matches.
Both teams would love to sustain their momentum, especially with the league table slowly taking shape. With two valuable points up for grabs in Dubai, one can expect another entertaining game between the two sides.
- Match: Rajasthan vs. Kolkata, Match 12
- Venue: Dubai International Stadium, Dubai
- Date & Time: Sept. 30, 2020, at 7.30 PM IST
Probable Playing 11
J Buttler (WK), S Smith (C), S Samson, R Uthappa, R Parag, R Tewatia, S Gopal, T Curran, J Archer, A Rajpoot, J Unadkat
S Gill, S Narine, N Rana, E Morgan, D Karthik(C & WK), A Russell, P Cummins, V Chakravarthy, K Yadav, S Mavi, K Nagarkoti
A good batting track is expected at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium on Friday, with the ball coming on to the bat fairly well. However, it could be starting to show signs of slowing down since it will be the fourth match in the tournament at this venue.
The power play overs are going to be crucial, with spin expected to play a bigger role in the middle phase. Dew should also have a say in the proceedings, with both sides looking to chase on winning the toss. Based on the two matches played at the venue, a score of 165 looks at par. Each team will like to chase on winning the toss.
- Samson and Smith scored 278 runs combined in Rajasthan’s two matches and will be looking to be among the runs this time around too.
- J Buttler is a key player at the top of the Rajasthan lineup. Expect him to score in this match.
- S Gill played the perfect opener innings against Hyderabad and will look to continue his form.
- N Rana and E Morgan are good players of both pace and spin. Expect them to be among the runs for Kolkata.
- P Cummins was excellent with the new ball against Hyderabad, and with the Dubai pitch assisting pacers a bit more, he will be crucial for his side.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: J Buttler, S Samson
- Batsmen: S Gill, S Smith, E Morgan
- All-rounders: N Rana, A Russell, R Tewatia
- Bowlers: J Archer, P Cummins, S Mavi
- Captain: S Smith/S Samson
- Vice Captain: E Morgan/N Rana
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team by using your knowledge of fantasy cricket. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the playing 11.