In the evening game of the festive Sunday, Rajasthan takes on Mumbai in match 45 of the Indian T20 league at the Sheikh Zayed Stadium.
Rajasthan has been struggling for form after starting this Indian T20 league season with two solid wins. They have managed only 4 victories in the 11 matches they have played this season. Despite the return of Stokes, the fortunes of Team Rajasthan haven’t revived. The absence of a well-oiled top order has cost them dearly on several occasions, and they will be relying on the brilliance of Buttler and Archer to win this match.
Current champions, Mumbai, have been in fine form in this year’s edition of the tournament. They are sitting comfortably at 3rd position and will be looking to register another win against a struggling Rajasthan side. The opening pair of Rohit and De Kock rarely misfire. A strong middle order with the likes of Suryakumar, Pollard and Pandya gives a boost to the Mumbai innings whenever required. The bowling department has been splendid as well, with Bumrah, Boult, Chahar, etc. providing consistent breakthroughs. It will be tough to build a case against them with the form they are in.
With only 3 games in hand, it will be a mammoth task for the Rajasthan team to reach the knockout stage. On the other hand, Mumbai is in a comfortable position and will be looking for a win to reach the top 2 before the league stage ends.
- Match: Rajasthan vs. Mumbai, Match 45
- Venue: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi
- Date & Time: Oct. 25, 2020, at 7.30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
R Uthappa, B Stokes, S Samson (wk), J Buttler, S Smith (C), R Parag, R Tewatia, J Archer, S Gopal, A Rajpoot, K Tyagi
R Sharma (C), Q De Kock (wk), S Yadav, I Kishan, K Pandya, H Pandya, K Pollard, N Coulter-Nile, R Chahar, T Boult, J Bumrah
It’s a slow track and the bowlers will get all the assistance they want. Even though the batsmen enjoy the initial overs where they can hit the ball for boundaries during the power play, the swing provided by the pitch to the pacers will keep the batsmen in check.
Pace bowlers like Archer, Bumrah and Boult will be keen to get some wickets and put up a strong fight against Rabada for the Purple Cap this season.
It is a big ground and any score in the range of 160 and above should be a very competitive total.
- J Buttler is in fine form and will be carrying the hopes of the Rajasthan team on his shoulders.
- B Stokes is a world-class all-rounder and will be providing the goods with both the bat and the ball.
- J Archer has been the pick of the bowlers in the Rajasthan side. He can trouble any opposition with his pace.
- Q De Kock has been in excellent form at the top of the order and should go on to score a lot of runs.
- R Sharma, one of the finest batsmen of his generation, is a danger man for any opposition. Rajasthan will be keen on getting him out early.
- J Bumrah has been the best bowler in the Mumbai side this year. He will be key to dismantling the Rajasthan batting line-up.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: Q De Kock, S Samson
- Batsmen: S Yadav, S Smith, R Uthappa
- All-rounders: R Tewatia, K Pandya
- Bowlers: J Archer, J Bumrah, T Boult, R Chahar
- Captain: De Kock/S Yadav
- Vice Captain: J Archer/T Boult
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team, and play fantasy league matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team that helps you score fantasy points.