SOUTH AFRICA VS. ENGLAND: ENG’S TOUR OF SOUTH AFRICA 2020, 2nd T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
South Africa take on England in the second T20I at Boland Park on Sunday afternoon.
South Africa will want to put aside the first game’s loss and come back stronger in the second game. F du Plessis and skipper Q de Kock’s 77-run partnership and some late runs by R van der Dussen helped them reach 179, which was a strong total, given the nature of the surface. But it felt like they were lacking some firepower in the lower middle order and might be looking at a change, with D Miller waiting in the wings.
G Linde had a fairly successful debut. B Hendricks ws expensive and might be replaced by A Nortje, who was in great form in the Indian T20 League. Overall, South Africa need to up their game against this strong English side.
On the other hand, England would like to seal the series in this game and wouldn’t want to give their opponents a chance to come back. J Bairstow shone in his new middle-order role alongside B Stokes. Despite the openers J Roy and J Buttler getting out early, it was a fairly straightforward chase.
Although England have the momentum and look the stronger side, the Proteas will be eager to level the series in Paarl. An exciting game of cricket awaits us on Sunday, with a series at stake for both sides.
- Match: South Africa vs. England, 1st T20
- Venue: Boland Park, Paarl
- Date & Time: Nov. 29, 2020, at 6 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
Q de Kock (C & WK), T Bavuma, F du Plessis, R van der Dussen, D Miller, H Klaasen, G Linde, K Rabada, L Ngidi, A Nortje, T Shamsi
J Roy, J Buttler (WK), D Malan, J Bairstow, E Morgan (C), B Stokes, M Ali, T Curran, J Archer, A Rashid, C Jordan
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather is expected to be sunny and clear for the second T20 in Paarl. The temperature will be around 30 degrees during the game.
A competitive track awaits the two sides at Paarl. Although the pacers should find some success with the new ball, there is more purchase for the spinners at this venue. The average first innings score has been 165 in the domestic T20s played here.
The team chasing the target has won more games here compared to the team batting first. This might prompt the captain winning the toss to bowl first. A score of around 170 should be a competitive target.
- Q de Kock looked good in his stay at the crease in the first T20, scoring 30 runs at a strike rate of 130. He is expected to score big here, given his form and record against England.
- F du Plessis continued from where he left off for Chennai in the Indian T20 League. He scored 58 runs at a strike rate of 145 but could not make it count for the team. He will like to correct that here.
- A Nortje is in great form with the ball and picked up 22 wickets in the recently concluded Indian T20 League. He was rested from the playing XI in the first game and is expected to come back and make an impact in this game.
- D Malan missed out in the opening game, though he looked fluent in his brief stay at the crease. He will aim to make a significant contribution to the teams’ total.
- J Buttler is a good player of both pace and spin and can score at a great pace. He will be looking to stamp his authority at the top of the order and put the bowlers under pressure from ball one.
- S Curran is turning out to be a massive game changer with both the bat and the ball. He took 3 wickets and made crucial runs during the chase.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: Q de Kock, J Buttler
- Batsmen: R van der Dussen, F du Plessis, D Malan
- All-rounders: B Stokes, S Curran, G Linde
- Bowlers: K Rabada, A Nortje, A Rashid
- Captain: Q de Kock/J Buttler
- Vice Captain: A Nortje/D Malan
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play an online fantasy game. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!