SOUTH AFRICA VS. ENGLAND: ENG’S TOUR OF SOUTH AFRICA 2020, 3rd T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
South Africa take on England in the third and final T20I of the series at Newlands on Tuesday evening.
South Africa’s batting unit struggled for momentum in the second game as they lost wickets at regular intervals and none of the batsmen could play a big knock. Skipper Q De Kock, G Linde, and Van der Dussen played cameos but were unable to up the scoring rate. In the bowling department, T Shamsi was superb with the ball, claiming 3 important wickets in the middle overs.
The Proteas are going through a tough phase and are looking to rebuild their team. They will look to win this match and restore some pride going into the ODI leg of the tour.
On the other hand, England won the first two matches to clinch the series. They will look to test their bench strength in this match but a whitewash of South Africa in their backyard will also be on their minds.
D Malan`s fifty was the difference between the sides as he led his team superbly in the middle overs, with the pitch aiding the spinners. A Rashid took advantage of the favorable conditions with figures of 2 for 23. Skipper E Morgan and J Buttler played attacking cameos to guide the team to victory.
Another cracking game between two proud cricketing nations awaits us at the Newlands.
- Match: South Africa vs. England, 3rd T20
- Venue: Newlands, Cape Town
- Date & Time: Dec. 1, 2020, at 9.30 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
Q de Kock (C & WK), R Hendricks, F du Plessis, R van der Dussen, D Miller, H Klaasen, G Linde, K Rabada, L Ngidi, A Nortje, T Shamsi
J Bairstow, J Buttler (WK), D Malan, S Billings, E Morgan (C), B Stokes, S Curran, M Wood, J Archer, A Rashid, C Jordan
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather will be breezy in Cape Town, but it is very unlikely to rain during the game. The temperature will be around 19 degrees in the day. It will come down to around 13 degrees as the evening progresses.
As seen in the first T20I, a decent batting track can be expected at Newlands. The pacers should get the ball to swing and bounce, and the spinners will have a more containing role, unlike the last game.
With the ball coming onto the bat nicely under the lights, chasing will probably be the preferred option for both the teams. A score of around 170-180 can be a competitive one.
- Captain Q de Kock has scored 30-odd runs in both the matches but failed to capitalize after getting the starts. Expect him to make a big score in this match.
- R van der Dussen scored 37 and 25* in the two T20s. He looked solid in both the games and can make it count in the third game.
- G Linde has been a find for South Africa this series. He has all-round capabilities and has scored vital runs in the death and bowled well too.
- D Malan timed his knock to perfection, seeing off- spinners and then scoring off pacers to seal the match in the last game. He has 8 fifties in just 18 T20I matches in his career.
- B Stokes is very dangerous when he is in full flow. After looking a bit rusty since his return to competitive cricket, he should now be able to contribute to the team’s success. He has not played any T20Is since the series against South Africa earlier in the year.
- J Archer’s figures read 1/28 and 1/18 in the two matches. Batsmen are happy to play defensively against him and score off other bowlers. He will look to pick up a few more wickets here.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: Q de Kock, J Bairstow
- Batsmen: R van der Dussen, F du Plessis, D Malan
- All-rounders: B Stokes, G Linde, S Curran
- Bowlers: K Rabada, L Ngidi, J Archer
- Captain: Q de Kock/F du Plessis
- Vice Captain: B Stokes/J Bairstow
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play an online fantasy game. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!