Match: St. Kitts & Nevis vs. Barbados
Venue: Queen’s Park Oval, Port of Spain, Trinidad
Date and time: August 25, 2020, at 7.30 PM IST
Preview: It’s a battle at the bottom of the Caribbean T20 League table! St. Kitts sit at the bottom of the table, having lost every single match they have played so far, and Barbados have suffered successive losses to St. Lucia & Trinbago. Barbados emerged victorious by 6 runs the first time these two teams clashed in this tournament. Both these teams would be looking to end their losing streak and move up the table. This is surely going to be an exciting match to witness!
Pitch and Weather Conditions: The pitch is pretty good for batting, especially with this game being the first in the season. Both sides have power-packed batsmen like J Charles, E Lewis and C Lynn, which means we are in for some good entertainment. It seems rain is following the Caribbean T20 League as there is a 20% chance for rain to interrupt the action. The temperature will hover from 29 to 31 degrees Celsius.
Probable Playing 11 and Key Players
Probable Playing 11 for St, Kitts & Nevis: C Lynn, E Lewis, J Da Silva, D Ramdin, B Dunk,
K Powell, R Emrit, JR Jaggesar, S Tanvir, I Sodhi, S Cottrell
Probable Playing 11 for Barbados: J Charles, S Hope, C Anderson, K Mayers, J Holder, J Carter, R Reifer, M Santner, A Nurse, R Khan, H Walsh Jr.
- J Charles gave Barbados an exciting start in the last game with a blistering 52 runs. He, along with S Hope, will once again be key for Barbados.
- E Lewis and C Lynn have got off to good starts but haven’t been able to convert them into substantial knocks so far. St. Kitts will be hoping that this is not the case this time around.
- B Dunk and D Ramdin have chipped in with important knocks so far and will be key figures in the middle order.
- R Emrit and S Tanvir have been superb with the ball and St. Kitts will be relying on their form to record their first win.
- R Khan and M Santner are key all-rounders who have pitched in well with the bat as well as the ball. Their teams will be looking forward to another world-class performance from them.
Howzat Dream Team
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy cricket team by using your knowledge of cricket. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (15 to 30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the playing 11.
Select your own team and play fantasy cricket!