SYDNEY S VS. ADELAIDE S: AUSTRALIA T20 LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 16 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 11 AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Sydney S take on Adelaide S in Match 16 of the Australia T20 League 2021-22 at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Tuesday evening.
Sydney S have started the season strongly, having won 3 of their first 4 matches. They chased 178 in the last match against Melbourne S to register their third win in this tournament. Josh Philippe and skipper Moses Henriques have been the main reason behind their success with the bat, while the bowling department has healthy contributions from everyone.
On the other hand, Adelaide S have made a poor start to this tournament. They have won only 1 of their 3 matches so far. With key players like Alex Carey and Travis Head missing out because of the Ashes, the other batters need to find ways to score big and quick runs. The team needs to get back to winning ways to regain momentum in this league phase.
- Game: Sydney S vs. Adelaide S, Match 16
- Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
- Date & Time: Dec. 21, 2021, at 1:45 PM IST/7:15 PM Local
Probable Playing XI
Josh Philippe (WK), James Vince, Moises Henriques (C), Daniel Hughes, Jordan Silk, Daniel Christian, Sean Abbott, Hayden Kerr, Chris Jordan, Ben Dwarshuis, Lloyd Pope
Jake Weatherald, Matthew Short, Matt Renshaw, Jonathan Wells, Harry Nielsen (WK), Thomas Kelly, Liam Scott, Rashid Khan, Daniel Worrall, Peter Siddle (C), George Garton
The temperature should be around 26 degrees when the game starts, with clear skies during the match.
The surface at the SCG has been excellent for batting, with big runs being scored in the last two matches played. The spinners get more help from the pitch here in comparison to the other Australian venues. The average first-innings score during the last five T20s played on this ground has been 199 runs.
Although the team batting first has managed to win 3 out of the last 5 T20s played here, it will be an advantage to the batters while chasing because of dew. A first-innings score of around 185 runs can be pretty competitive on this ground.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Josh Philippe has been in red-hot form from the opening ball of this tournament. He is the highest run scorer so far, with 259 runs in four matches at an average of 86.33 and a strike rate of 156.96. He has already made 3 half centuries with a high score of 99* in the last match.
- Jake Weatherald, the top run scorer for Adelaide last season, has not converted any of his starts into big ones this season. He has scored only 46 runs at a lowly average of 15.33, with his best score being just 18 runs. He is due for some big runs in this match.
- Moises Henriques is currently the second-highest run scorer of this tournament. He has made 204 runs in four matches at an average of 102 and a strike rate of 155.72. Since scoring consecutive fifties in the first two games, he has not crossed the 30-run mark in the last two matches.
- Rashid Khan has been a little off-color in his three matches played. He has picked up only 3 wickets at an average of 29 and an economy rate of 7.25. He has been a strike bowler and a match-winner for Adelaide over the years. Expect him to give a big performance here.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: Josh Philippe
- Batters: James Vince, Matt Renshaw, Jake Weatherald
- All-rounders: Moises Henriques, Hayden Kerr, Matthew Short
- Bowlers: Sean Abbott, Chris Jordan, Peter Siddle, Rashid Khan
- Captain: Moises Henriques/Sean Abbott
- Vice Captain: Matthew Short/Rashid Khan
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy cricket match prediction and play all the upcoming matches of India from the tour of South Africa. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!