SYDNEY T VS. BRISBANE H: AUSTRALIAN T20 LEAGUE, KNOCKOUT | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the knockout of the Australian T20 League 2020/21, Sydney T take on Brisbane H at the Manuka Oval in Canberra on Sunday evening.
Sydney T secured the third spot in the points table as they beat Adelaide S in their final group game by 9 wickets. They will be confident of facing Brisbane H and continuing their challenge for the title for at least one more game.
The Thunder batting-unit has primarily been boosted by A Hales throughout the season. Captain C Ferguson is also a reliable presence and has been in good form. The role of S Billings and D Sams would be crucial in the context of the game. The bowling unit has been fairly decent, with N McAndrew and leg spinner T Sangha playing important roles for the team in the tournament.
Brisbane H were brilliant in the eliminator against Adelaide S. They have now won three games in succession and have some momentum behind them ahead of this knockout contest against Sydney T.
The Heat bowlers were superb as they restricted the Strikers to a total of 130 runs. Despite the early dismissals of C Lynn and M Labuschagne, J Denly managed to steady the innings before J Peirson finished the game with an unbeaten knock of 47.
With a place in the challenger awaiting the winner of this game, it will be an exciting match at the Manuka Oval.
- Match: Sydney T vs. Brisbane H, Knockout
- Venue: Manuka Oval, Canberra
- Date & Time: Jan. 31, 2021, at 1:45 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
- A Hales, U Khawaja, C Ferguson (C), S Billings (WK), A Ross, B Cutting, D Sams, C Green, N McAndrew, T Sangha, A Milne
- X-factor substitutes: C Tremain, O Davies
- C Lynn, M Bryant, M Labuschagne, J Denly, J Burns, L Gregory, J Peirson (C & WK), X Bartlett, M Swepson, M Steketee, B Laughlin
- X-factor substitutes: J Wildermuth, M Morkel
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather is expected to be clear and sunny in Canberra during the match. The temperature will be around 20 degrees during the game.
The Manuka Oval pitch is a good one for batting, especially when it’s hard. Batsmen will enjoy the ball coming on to the bat. Seamers and spinners, however, do get enough help from the surface, especially in the second innings. The average first innings score in the games played this season has been 170 runs.
Chasing teams have won the last four matches played here very comfortably. Expect the captain winning the toss to opt to field first. A score of around 175 runs should be a competitive one here.
- A Hales is the highest run scorer of this season, with 535 runs at an average of 41.15 and a brilliant strike rate of 163.6 He scored a quickfire 46 the last time these two teams met and is coming here after scoring 63* off 39 balls in the last game.
- U Khwaja has been involved in good opening partnerships throughout the season. Despite not scoring a half century, he has scored 310 runs in the 14 matches played. He has played big knocks in the finals of the previous seasons and would be looking to repeat that here.
- T Sangha has been the best bowler for Sydney T, picking up 21 wickets at an average of 16.66 and an economy rate of 8.04. He has taken 12 wickets at this venue, with best figures of 4 for 14. He will be looking to add more wickets to his tally here.
- C Lynn is the highest run scorer for the Heat this tournament, with 426 runs at an average of 38.72 and a strike rate of 157.19. He has scored 99 runs in the two games played against the Thunder, including a score of 60 at this very venue. He will look to continue his good form here.
- M Labuschagne has turned around the fortunes of the Heat in the last four matches he has played for the team. He has scored 129 runs at a strike rate of 131 and has taken 9 wickets at an average of 8.66 this season. He has taken three-wicket consecutively hauls in the last two matches.
- M Swepson has played in the last four matches for the Heat this season. He has picked up 6 wickets at an average of 18 and an economy rate of 6.75. His figures in the last three matches read 2/23, 2/20, and 2/26.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: S Billings
- Batsmen: U Khwaja, A Hales, C Lynn, J Denly
- All-rounders: D Sams, M Labuschagne
- Bowlers: N McAndrew, T Sangha, B Doggett, M Swepson
- Captain: D Sams/U Khwaja
- Vice Captain: M Labuschagne/C Lynn
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!