TAMIL VS. GUJARAT: INDIAN KABADDI LEAGUE 2021-22, MATCH 66 | PREDICTION, PLAYING 7 AND FANTASY KABADDI TIPS
This game, Match 66 of the Indian Kabaddi League, to be played at the Sheraton Grand Whitefield in Bengaluru on 20th January, brings to an end the first half of the season. It’s a contest between two teams that few expected to be in the positions that they currently are in the league table. A victory here will push Tamil right into the play-off mix, while Gujarat are some way adrift after a poor start to the season.
After finishing bottom of the table in each of their first 3 seasons, Tamil have lost just twice in their first 10 matches. Their defence, superbly led by Surjeet Singh, has been magnificent, while Manjeet has led a raiding group that has averaged fewer points a game than any other. In a nutshell, that is the worry for Tamil. If that defence creaks, do they have the attacking flair to beat teams?
Gujarat, who topped the table in their first 2 seasons in the competition, have even more problems. Their raiders, with the exception of Rakesh, have been pretty mediocre, and their defence sits rock bottom with just 78 successful tackles. To put that into perspective, Tamil’s Surjeet and Sagar have 67 successful tackles between them. Despite having some famous names in the line-up, Gujarat need rapid improvement in both departments if they’re to move into the play-off picture.
Both teams have had their moments in this rivalry, but this contest will show just how high Tamil can set their ambitions.
- Game: Tamil vs. Gujarat, Match 66
- Venue: Sheraton Grand Whitefield, Bengaluru
- Date & Time: Jan. 20, 2022, at 7:30PM IST
Probable Playing 7
Manjeet, Surjeet Singh (C), Mohit, Ajinkya Pawar, K Prapanjan, Sagar, Sahil Singh
Rakesh, Sunil Kumar (C), Parvesh Bhainswal, Rakesh Narwal, Ajay Kumar, Ankit, Girish Maruti
There’s been nothing to separate these 2 teams in their encounters across the 3 seasons that both have been part of the league.
|Matches||Tamil Won||Gujarat Won||Draws|
Previous Season Results
A late Super Raid from Ajay Thakur, who top-scored with 9 points, was the difference in the first game between these 2 teams in the 2019 season. In the return fixture, with Sonu scoring 15 points and Rohit Gulia 11, Gujarat simply blitzed their opponents.
- Match 34: Gujarat 28 – 34 Tamil
- Match 112: Gujarat 50 – 21 Tamil
Top Fantasy Picks
- Surjeet Singh came into a team that had known only defeat in 3 seasons, and has set about making them play-off contenders. The numbers say it all really – 36 successful tackles, a tackle strike-rate of 64 and the cornerstone of a defence that has made more tackles per game than any other apart from Patna. He averages nearly 4 tackle points a match, and was at his very best while pulling off twice as many in a 45-26 thrashing of Haryana.
- Hadi Oshtorak is yet to play to play a major role this season, but has been a handy option off the bench for Gujarat. He has just 9 points for the season so far, but a raid strike-rate of 86 hints at the damage he could do when unleashed.
- Rakesh Narwal has been Gujarat’s main man with 79 points and a raid strike-rate of 49. His 16 points from 19 raids against Telugu was one of the displays of the season, and he shone with 14 points in a loss to Bengaluru as well. It will encourage Gujarat greatly, however, that even when Mumba kept him to 2 points in their last match, they still managed a draw.
Howzat Dream Team
- Defenders: Surjeet Singh, Sagar, Girish Maruti
- All-rounders: Rakesh, Hadi Oshtorak
- Raiders: Manjeet, Rakesh Narwal
- Captain: Rakesh/Manjeet
- Vice Captain: Rakesh Narwal/Surjeet Singh
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own team from today’s fantasy kabaddi prediction and play all the upcoming matches of Indian Kabaddi League. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 7 is announced by each team as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Know fantasy kabaddi rules and play on your favorite fantasy gaming app and select your own team, Howzat!