Cricket fans all over the world had been waiting with bated breath for cricket to resume. They got a glimpse of action back in July when England opened its doors for international cricket series against the West Indies and Pakistan. This was followed by the hugely popular Caribbean T20 League and arguably the best domestic T20 cricket tournament in the world, the Indian T20 League. Howzat, your favorite fantasy app, hosted fantasy cricket leagues based on all of these tournaments.
Since the finale of the Indian T20 League, the international and domestic cricket season is now in full swing. Let us take a look at the upcoming cricket tournaments for the month of December, which should get you excited:
- India’s Tour of Australia: With the ODI series almost wrapped up, Team India will be facing their fierce rivals Australia in a 3-match T20 series. This will be followed by the highly anticipated Border-Gavaskar 4-match Test series. India are the current champions of the Border-Gavaskar trophy and Australia will be determined to take the crown back.
- England’s Tour of South Africa: After decimating hosts South Africa in the T20 series, England will be looking to rule the field in the ODI series as well. They will be resting superstars Stokes and Archer for the ODI matches. On the other hand, South Africa will be desperate to redeem themselves and win the ODI series.
- West Indies’ Tour of New Zealand: After defeating the West Indies team convincingly, New Zealand will be confident of beating them in the Test series as well and get some points on the World Test Championship table.
- Pakistan’s Tour of New Zealand: Pakistani have traveled to New Zealand and are isolating themselves ahead of their matches against New Zealand. The two sides will be playing 3 T20 and 2 Test matches.
- Sri Lanka’s Tour of South Africa: After hosting England, South Africa will be welcoming Sri Lanka’s national team for a 2-match Test series. The Sri Lankan national team is not the cricketing superpower it once was and South Africa will be confident of winning the series.
- Australian T20 League: After the Caribbean islands, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and India, Australia is all set to host its star-studded T20 league. The Australian T20 League will start on 10th December 2020 and will have 8 teams fighting it out for the crown.
- Ford Trophy: This is the premier limited-overs domestic cricket tournament of New Zealand. It started on 29th November 2020 and has 6 teams competing for the trophy. Can Team Auckland reclaim the crown, or will we see a new champion this time around?
- New Zealand T20 League: Along with their 50-over domestic cricket tournament, New Zealand will also be hosting their own T20 league. This is the 16th edition of the tournament and will start on 24th December 2020.
Hope you are as excited to play fantasy cricket and win real cash as much as we are to host you on Howzat. If you haven’t downloaded the Howzat app yet, what are you waiting for?