ADELAIDE S VS. BRISBANE H: AUSTRALIAN T20 LEAGUE, MATCH 46 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In match 46 of the Australian T20 League 2020/21, Adelaide S take on Brisbane H at the Adelaide Oval on Monday evening.
Adelaide S haven’t had the season they would have hoped for and are currently ranked seventh on the points table with 20 points. They were hammered in their last game by the Stars and lost by a huge margin of 111 runs.
Adelaide S’ bowling looks weak after the departure of star leg-spinner R Khan. The bowlers conceded 179 runs in the last match and took only two wickets. W Agar, P Siddle, and D Worrall will need to step up in this game. Adding to the bowling woes, the entire batting unit collapsed as well, scoring only 68 runs. The likes of A Carey, P Salt, J Weatherald, and J Wells will need to bat more responsibly against the Heat.
Brisbane H are also in a tough spot, being sixth on the points table with 21 points. They lost their last match to Perth S by 59 runs and will be desperate for a win here.
Brisbane H’s bowling has been decent but they too have suffered a blow with M Ur Rahman leaving for his international duties. M Steketee, Morne Morkel, and J Wildermuth will have to hustle for wickets. The batting lineup has been too dependent on C Lynn, who hasn’t received much support from the others. The likes of M Bryant, J Denly, and J Burns will need to perform consistently for the Heat to progress further in the tournament.
With both teams looking to bounce back from the defeats suffered in their last games, it will be an exciting match at the Adelaide Oval.
- Match: Adelaide S vs. Brisbane H, Match 46
- Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
- Date & Time: Jan. 21, 2021, at 1.45 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
- P Salt, M Renshaw, A Carey (C & WK), J Wells, J Weatherald, R Gibson, D Worrall, D Briggs, P Siddle, W Agar, L O’Conner
- X-factor substitutes: C Valente, H Conway
- C Lynn, M Bryant, J Denly, J Burns, L Gregory, J Bazley, J Peirson (C & WK), J Wildermuth, M Morkel, M Kuhnemann, M Steketee
- X-factor substitutes: S Heazlett, X Bartlett
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather in Adelaide is expected to be clear and sunny during the match. The temperature will be around 25 degrees during the game.
The Adelaide Oval is a good batting pitch and the batsmen should be able to score freely here. The pitch tends to get a little slower in the second half of the game, which will help the spin bowlers. The average first innings score in the games played here this season has been 161 runs.
Considering that the chasing team has won three of the five games last played here, the captain winning the toss is likely to opt to field first. A total of around 165 runs should be a competitive one.
- A Carey has been excellent for the Strikers this season, scoring 280 runs at an average of 31.11 and a brilliant strike-rate of 119.65 in nine matches. He will look to play a big innings after a disappointing performance with the bat against the Stars.
- P Salt has consistently provided good starts for Adelaide S at the top of the order. He has scored 226 runs at a strike rate of 129.88 in eleven matches. Both of his half-centuries this season have come at this very venue.
- W Agar had a rare bad game against the Stars, going for 46 runs without a wicket in his four overs. He is the highest wicket-taker for the Strikers, with 17 wickets at an economy rate of 7.96. He will be eager to bounce back with a good performance here.
- C Lynn is the leading run-scorer for the Heat this season, despite having played just seven matches. He has scored 300 runs at a healthy average of 42.85 and a strike-rate of 147.78. He will be the most important player for the Heat in this game.
- J Denly has started to find his form in the tournament. After a couple of low scores, he scored 32 and 26 in the last two games. He will look to partner his captain and do the bulk of the scoring for the Heat.
- M Morkel looked good with the ball in the two games that he played. He bowled good lines with pace and accuracy. He has picked up 3 wickets at an economy rate of 6.62. His best figures of 2 for 24 came against the Scorchers in the last game.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: A Carey
- Batsmen: P Salt, J Wells, C Lynn, J Denly
- All-rounders: J Wildermuth, L Gregory
- Bowlers: D Worrall, W Agar, P Siddle, M Morkel
- Captain: P Salt/P Siddle
- Vice Captain: J Wildermuth/C Lynn
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!