ADELAIDE S VS. MELBOURNE S: AUSTRALIAN T20 LEAGUE, MATCH 36 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In match 36 of the Australian T20 League 2020, Adelaide S take on Melbourne S at the Adelaide Oval on Monday evening.
Adelaide S were unable to continue their successful run as they lost to the Melbourne R, who broke their seven-game losing streak, by 6 wickets. The Strikers have maintained their healthy position in the points table, with four wins in nine games.
P Salt scored a half century and was helped by A Carey to take the innings total to 177. In the second innings, the Adelaide S bowlers managed to take just four wickets as the Renegades chased down the total in the last over. R Khan was the most dangerous bowler, picking up 2 for 24.
On the other hand, Melbourne S are in seventh place with a loss to Brisbane H in the rain-affected game. They have won just one match out of their last six games.
In a ten-over per side game, the Heat put up a total of 115, taking advantage of some listless bowling from the Stars bowlers. A Zampa picked up two of the three wickets to fall. Chasing 129 to win, the Melbourne S never really got going in reply. Despite a late cameo from N Larkin, who scored 35* off 16 balls, Melbourne fell 17 runs short of the DLS-adjusted target.
With both teams looking to bounce back from defeats in their last games, it will be an exciting match at the Adelaide Oval.
- Match: Adelaide S vs. Melbourne S, Match 36
- Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
- Date & Time: Jan. 11, 2021, at 1.45 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
- P Salt, M Renshaw, A Carey (C & WK), J Wells, J Weatherald, R Gibson, R Khan, H Conway, D Briggs, D Worrall, W Agar
- X-factor substitutes: H Nielsen, P Siddle
- M Stoinis, A Fletcher, N Larkin, G Maxwell (C), N Pooran, H Cartwright, S Gotch (WK), A Zampa, B Stanlake, L Hatcher, S Rainbird
- X-factor substitutes: B Dunk, L Morris
Weather and Pitch Report
The weather in Adelaide is expected to be a little cloudy during the match. The temperature will be around 20 degrees during the game.
The Adelaide Oval is a good batting pitch and batsmen should be able to score freely here. The fast bowlers may enjoy a little bit of seam movement with the new ball. The pitch tends to get a little slower in the second half of the game, which would be ideal for spin bowlers. The average first innings score in the four games played here this season has been 170 runs.
The pitch is expected to remain the same throughout the match. Considering that the chasing team has won two of the four games last played here, the captain winning the toss is likely to bat first. A total of around 170 runs should be a competitive one.
- Captain A Carey has been excellent for the Strikers this season, scoring 258 runs at a strike rate of 124 and an average of 36.85. His knock of 42 runs off 25 balls in the last game kept the momentum going after a good start from the openers.
- J Weatherald has scored 104 runs in the three innings since his move to the middle order. He has been hitting the ball well and will look to add to his tally of two half-centuries in the tournament.
- R Khan was at his usual best in the last game, with figures of 2 for 24 in his four overs. He has picked up 14 wickets at an economy rate of 6.82 this season. He will be a tough bowler to face in the middle phase of the innings.
- M Stoinis has looked good since recovering back from his injury. He has scored 165 runs in four innings, with the highest score of 97*. He has been striking the ball well and will look to capitalize on his good form here.
- G Maxwell has scored 255 runs at an average of 42.5 and a superb strike rate of 152.69 this season. However, he has been quiet in the last two matches, scoring just six runs. His aggressive batting will be required to support a struggling Stars middle order.
- A Zampa was exceptional with the ball in the last game, giving just 7 runs in 2 overs while the others were being hammered all around the park. He has picked up 12 wickets at an economy rate of just 7 in the tournament so far.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: A Carey
- Batsmen: J Weatherald, R Gibson, N Larkin
- All-rounder: M Stoinis, G Maxwell, M Renshaw
- Bowlers: W Agar, R Khan, A Zampa, S Rainbird
- Captain: R Khan/A Carey
- Vice Captain: G Maxwell/A Zampa
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11, and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!