AUSTRALIA VS. INDIA: INDIA’S TOUR OF AUSTRALIA 2020, 3rd T20 | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
In the final white-ball match of the tour, Australia take on India in the third T20I at the Sydney Cricket Ground on Tuesday evening.
The odds were stacked up against India but they defied them to win the three-match T20 series with one game to go. They managed to chase down a huge score and won their third consecutive away T20 series. The team is on a 9-match win streak coming into this game.
Even in the absence of D Warner and A Finch, the hosts were able to come up with a good batting performance in the last game. M Wade looked in good form at the top of the order along with useful contributions by S Smith and M Henriques. The bowlers failed to exert pressure at the start of the chase and were unable to defend 194, which was a good total given the surface. Nonetheless, Australia will look to salvage some pride in the third and final game.
On the other hand, India couldn’t have asked for a better show from its players after the losses in the first two ODIs. Amid many doubts about the quality and balance of the side, the team has responded with two strong performances in the first two T20Is. Every bowler went for plenty apart from T Natarajan, which is something to improve upon in the next game. L Rahul, S Dhawan, and captain V Kohli all had a good hit in the middle, with H Pandya putting the finishing touches.
With both teams looking to gain confidence for the hugely anticipated Test series with a win in this game, a cracking contest is expected at Sydney.
- Match: Australia vs. India, 3rd T20
- Venue: Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney
- Date & Time: Dec. 8, 2020, at 1.40 PM IST
Probable Playing XI
M Wade (C & WK), D Short, S Smith, M Henriques, G Maxwell, M Stoinis, M Swepson, S Abbott, A Tye, A Zampa, D Sams
S Dhawan, L Rahul (WK), V Kohli (C), S Samson, M Pandey, H Pandya, W Sundar, T Natarajan, Y Chahal, M Shami, J Bumrah
Weather and Pitch Report
The skies over Sydney will be partly cloudy but this isn’t likely to have much of an impact on the game. It will be a cool breezy day, with the temperature expected to be around 21 degrees during the game.
The pitch at the Sydney Cricket Ground is a good one to bat on and the ball comes onto the bat nicely under the lights. The pacers from either side didn’t get much help from the surface and went for plenty in the last game. Change of pace and use of different variations seems to be the way to go here. The spinners looked more effective in the second innings.
Chasing is the preferred option here and the captain winning the toss will look to bowl first. Anything above 180 should be a good total to defend on this track.
- M Wade came out with all guns blazing in the 2nd T20I, scoring 58 runs off just 32 balls. In the absence of Finch and Warner, his role as an enforcer on the team is evident. He will look to continue in the same mode here as well.
- G Maxwell has been pretty quiet in the two T20Is. He scored 167 in the ODI series at a strike rate of 194. A big knock is expected from Australia’s experienced T20 player.
- M Swepson has been fairly economical in the two games and has figures of 1/21 and 1/25. He has bowled well in the middle overs and picked up catches in the outfield. Expect him to have a good time in this match.
- L Rahul has been outstanding in the T20 series so far, scoring 51 and 30 at a strike rate of 130. He gave a good start to the team tasked with chasing a mammoth target in the last game and will look to provide a perfect start here as well.
- V Kohli is taking a liking to the Sydney wicket. He had scores of 89 and 40 in his last two innings and looked fluent in the second T20I, scoring at a strike rate of 166. His contribution will be important if India wants to whitewash the hosts here.
- T Natarajan had a dream start to his international career on this tour. He has been Kohli’s go-to man in crunch situations in his three games so far. He has picked up 5 wickets in the two T20Is at an average of 10 and an economy rate of 6.25. Expect him to bowl a top spell here as well.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeepers: L Rahul, M Wade
- Batsmen: S Smith, V Kohli, M Henriques
- All-rounders: H Pandya, G Maxwell, D Sams
- Bowlers: J Bumrah, T Natarajan, M Swepson
- Captain: V Kohli/G Maxwell
- Vice Captain: T Natarajan/M Wade
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy dream team, and play fantasy premier league. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!