BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION VS. MANCHESTER CITY: PREMIER LEAGUE | MATCH PREDICTION AND FANTASY FOOTBALL TIPS
Brighton plays hosts to the newly crowned Premier League champions Manchester City at the Amex Stadium on Tuesday evening.
The Premier League title is secured for Man City and they continue to build momentum ahead of the Champions League final against Chelsea. The newly crowned champions were fully tested by Newcastle United on Friday, narrowly edging the hosts in a pulsating 7-goal thriller. Although the title is already in the bag, Guardiola will demand more from his players defensively, having conceded 5 goals in their last two games.
As for Brighton, survival in the Premier League has been secured for one more season. Graham Potter’s side is known to put up resilient performances, and are coming here after a solid 1-1 draw against West Ham. They will look to capitalize on the rotation of the squad from the visitors. A win or a draw will help them climb a few places in the league table.
In 25 head-to-head meetings, Manchester City have dominated with 16 victories, while Brighton have only registered 5 wins. Four games between these two sides have ended in draws. The last five meetings have been dominated by City, with an aggregate score of 15-1.
The previous league meeting between the two teams took place in January this year and ended in a 1-0 home win for Man City. Phil Foden scored the only goal of the day and secured 3 points for the Citizens.
- Brighton have lost all 7 of their Premier League meetings with Manchester City by an aggregate score of 21-2. The Seagulls have led for a total of 83 seconds in these games.
- Brighton have won their final home league game in just one of the last six seasons (D2, L3), against Manchester United in their maiden Premier League campaign of 2017-18.
- Manchester City’s last league defeat against Brighton was in April 1989 in the second division (1-2), while their last top-flight defeat against the Seagulls was in October 1981 (1-4).
- Manchester City set a new English league record for consecutive away wins in the last game, earning their 12th consecutive win on the road. The Citizens’ 12 away wins since December is more than any other Premier League side has won away from home all season.
- Manchester City’s Raheem Sterling has been involved in 5 goals in four Premier League starts against Brighton (4 goals, 1 assist), scoring a hat-trick in this exact fixture last season.
- Match: Brighton & Hove Albion vs. Manchester City
- Venue: Amex Stadium, Brighton
- Date & Time: May 18, 2021, at 11:30 PM IST
- Injured: Tariq Lamptey, Solly March
- Doubtful: Davy Propper, Joel Veltman
- Suspended: Lewis Dunk, Neal Maupay
- Injured: Kevin De Bruyne
- Doubtful: Sergio Aguero
- Suspended: None
Predicted Starting XI
Robert Sanchez (GK), Dan Burn, Adam Webster, Ben White; Pascal Gross, Yves Bissouma, Adam Lallana, Jakub Moder; Alireza Jahanbakhsh, Leandro Trossard; Danny Welbeck
Manchester City (4-3-3)
Zack Steffen (GK); Kyle Walker, Joe Cancelo, Nathan Ake, Benjamin Mendy; Bernardo Silva, Rodrigo, Ilkay Gundogan; Ferran Torres, Gabriel Jesus, Raheem Sterling
- Brighton form guide: D-L-W-L-D
- Manchester City form guide: W-L-W-W-W
Although Brighton have been a tough side to visit, they have been no match for Manchester City since gaining promotion four years ago. With their key players missing in this match, it looks like a difficult task for the Seagulls here.
Whilst the City squad will likely rotate once again for this encounter, it boasts incredible strength in depth and should have enough quality within them to pick up the 3 points comfortably.
Howzat Dream Team
- Goalkeeper: Z Steffen
- Defenders: A Webster, K Walker, J Cancelo, N Ake
- Midfielders: Leandro Trossard, Y Bissouma, I Gundogan, F Torres
- Forwards: D Welbeck, R Sterling
- Captain: R Sterling/I Gundogan
- Vice Captain: K Walker/J Cancelo
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can select your own fantasy 11 by using your knowledge and fantasy premier league tips. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual starting 11 is announced by each team (60 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the fantasy 11.
Select your own team and play fantasy football on your favorite fantasy football app, Howzat!