CARIBBEAN T20 LEAGUE 2021: MATCH 13, SAINT LUCIA VS. GUYANA | PREDICTION, PLAYING 11 AND FANTASY CRICKET TIPS
Saint Lucia will take on Guyana in the 13th match of the Caribbean T20 League 2021 at Warner Park in St. Kitts on Thursday morning.
Saint Lucia sit at the bottom of the points table after their loss against Trinbago in the last match. Chasing a target of 159 runs, Andre Fletcher remained unbeaten on 81, but his knock went in vain as the team ended up short by 27 runs. They need to win this game to improve their chances in the tournament.
On the other hand, Guyana come here with a thrilling Super Over win against Trinbago in their last match. After their win in the opening match, they lost two consecutive games, but have bounced back to winning ways again. They have 2 wins from 4 games so far and will aim to improve their standing with a win here.
- Game: Saint Lucia vs. Guyana, Match 13
- Venue: Warner Park, St. Kitts
- Date & Time: Sep. 2, 2021, at 7:30 PM IST/10 AM Local
Probable Playing XI:
Rahkeem Cornwall, Andre Fletcher (WK), Faf du Plessis (C), Roston Chase, Tim David, Mark Deyal, Samit Patel, Wahab Riaz, Keemo Paul, Alzarri Joseph, Kesrick Williams
Chadwick Walton (WK), Kennar Lewis, Haider Ali, Rovman Powell (C), Shamarh Brooks, Andre Russell, Carlos Brathwaite, Chris Green, Migael Mohammad Hafeez, Chandrapaul Hemraj, Shimron Hetmyer, Shoaib Malik, Nicholas Pooran (C & WK), Brandon King, Odean Smith, Romario Shepherd, Ashmead Nedd, Naveen-ul-Haq, Imran Tahir
The weather is expected to be mostly fair in Basseterre, with some cloud cover during the match. The temperature will be around 30 degrees during the game.
The pitch at Warner Park has been a balanced surface. The batters will enjoy their time in the middle, given the small boundaries and the fast outfield. The surface has a new-ball bounce and will assist the pace bowlers early on. Spinners will have a part to play as the match progresses. The average first-innings score in the tournament here has been 161 runs.
The team batting first at this venue has won 4 of the 6 day games played this season so far. So expect the team that wins the toss to opt to bat first. A first-innings score of around 170 runs can be a competitive one on this surface.
Top Fantasy Picks
- Andre Fletcher played brilliantly in the last game, but there was no support for him at the other end. He top-scored in the match with an innings of 81 runs off just 55 balls, including 6 fours and 4 sixes. The next best score in the match was 41 runs.
- Tim David has been one of Saint Lucia’s best batters in the tournament so far. He has scored 99 runs in three matches, including a high score of 56. He was dismissed without scoring in the last match and will look to bounce back in this match.
- Shimron Hetmyer has been Guyana’s top-scorer in the tournament, with 137 runs in four matches, including 2 fifties. He adds firepower to the batting unit and can make quick runs coming in the middle order for the team.
- Roston Chase has been effective with the ball in the middle overs for Saint Lucia in the tournament so far. He has taken 4 wickets in three matches at an average of 18.75. Additionally, he has scored 41 runs with the bat.
- Mohammad Hafeez has been excellent at the top of the order for Guyana. He has scored 132 runs and taken 4 wickets in four games, out of which 96 runs and 3 wickets have come in the last two matches alone. He will look to continue his good form here.
- Kesrick Williams made a good comeback in the last match against Trinbago, after going wicketless in his previous game. He took 4 for 24, which included a brilliant final over of 12 runs and 3 wickets. He will be key in the death overs for Saint Lucia.
- Imran Tahir has been the best bowler so far for Guyana, having picked up wickets in every match he played. He has taken 6 wickets at an average of 14 and an economy rate of 5.83. Expect him to continue his wicket-taking form against Saint Lucia too.
Howzat Dream Team
- Wicketkeeper: A Fletcher
- Batters: T David, C Hemraj, S Hetmyer
- All-rounders: R Cornwall, R Chase, M Hafeez
- Bowlers: K Williams, W Raiz, I Tahir, Naveen ul Haq
- Captain: I Tahir/M Hafeez
- Vice Captain: T David/A Fletcher
NOTE: The Howzat dream team above is just a suggestion. You can make your fantasy 11 and play fantasy cricket matches. Also, don’t forget to make any necessary changes to your team once the actual playing 11 is announced by each team (30 minutes before the start of the match) as some players you have selected might not be part of the team suggested.
Get fantasy cricket tips on your favorite fantasy sports app and select your own team, Howzat!